MLB network

Here is the PR.

DISH NETWORK HITS IT OUT OF THE PARK WITH MLB NETWORK

MLB Network telecasts New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox tonight

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 1, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C. announced tonight it will launch MLB Network, the 24-hour television network dedicated to baseball. Beginning tonight, MLB Network will be available on channel 153 to customers who subscribe to one of DISH Network’s America’s Top 200, DISH Latino Dos or MultiSport packages.

“With the pennant races heating up, DISH Network brings our customers wall-to-wall baseball coverage and MLB games in HD on MLB Network,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “The addition of MLB Network makes DISH Network the place for fans to follow their favorite teams into the Postseason and keep up with the latest information on all 30 Major League Baseball clubs.”

“We are excited to bring MLB Network and our award-winning high definition programming to DISH Network’s customers,” said Tony Petitti, president and CEO of MLB Network. “We have experienced an incredible year of growth and this partnership is in line with our goal to make MLB Network available as widely as possible.”

MLB Network debuts on DISH Network tonight with a game featuring two powerhouse clubs competing for the American League pennant: the New York Yankees against the Boston Red Sox tonight at 7:00 p.m. ET, live from Boston’s Fenway Park with legendary sports announcer Bob Costas calling the game alongside former Yankees pitcher and award-winning broadcaster Jim Kaat. (Game subject to local blackout restrictions.)

MLB Network provides unprecedented access to all 30 MLB clubs year-round, with more than 100 live regular season games, over 80 Spring Training Games, original programming, coverage of baseball events, like the National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, and live studio programming, including its Emmy Award-winning signature daily show “MLB Tonight.”

RaymondG@Dish Network said:
It's official, DISH now carries the MLB Network. It will be in the Americas Top 200 or higher package, and the MultiSports Package.

Well it figures.I just went to the channel to view it and I'm blacked out.I didn't know I was in the territory for either city for I live within the Phillies territory.Any reason why I'm blacked out?

I walked outside, set up the ladder, climbed to the roof and hugged my DISH. This is the greatest day. And the Yankees and Red Sox right now. :)

Beginning tonight, MLB Network will be available on channel 153 to customers who subscribe to one of DISH Network’s America’s Top 200, DISH Latino Dos or MultiSport packages.

must be in freeview because on my Welcome Pack 153 is showing the game.....in HD
wait lemme check......yep on my 211k right now (had to check in case the R22 was on....it isnt right now)

just checked the uplink and it says free preview

153 - MLBN [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available (FP)
153 - MLBN [MPEG4 SD] - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 22 ConUS beam changed to Available (FP)
9434(153) - MLBN [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam changed to Available (FP)
9434(153) - MLBN [MPEG4 HD] - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to Available (FP)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)