MLB network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Again, as in my previous post, I'm happy to have the channel, but it seems to me that the basic reason to have MLBN is to watch baseball GAMES, and I still after three days of having the channel have not been able to see one.

schnagner

It's funny that as Dish subs we somehow managed to live without this channel since its inception, but within minutes of its launch some were up in arms about the lack of an alternate channel. Some people are just never happy.

funny yes, surprising with this lot...not at all! the whining and bitching started back within an hour of the launch...

It's funny that as Dish subs we somehow managed to live without this channel since its inception, but within minutes of its launch some were up in arms about the lack of an alternate channel. Some people are just never happy.

People would come here and bitch if Dish said 'All your channels are free for a year... Whatever you are currently subscribed to is free for one year. Thanks for being a Dish customer'.

Then it would be thread after thread of I should have HBO, it's not fair that they only gave us what we were currently subscribed to... Dish Sux. I'm switching, la la la.

It is one of the things I hate most about this site. All the grown up cry babies.

funny yes, surprising with this lot...not at all! the whining and bitching started back within an hour of the launch...

I wouldn't call it whining and bitching; I would call it questioning, and confusion. Most of the post are from people not understanding the silly MLBNetwork coverage rules. They cannot understand why their area is blacked out.

I wouldn't call it whining and bitching; I would call it questioning, and confusion. Most of the post are from people not understanding the silly MLBNetwork coverage rules. They cannot understand why their area is blacked out.

agreed. It can get confusing especially when you pretty much know blackout rules yet you tune in and the game is blacked out because of some weird MLB Net rule

I've got Phils-braves out here on the central coast (cali)-- I just prefer the coverage style of MLB-- graphics, calm demeanor, knowledge and enthusiasm levels, the fact that the announcers aren't screaming at the top of their lungs to you in a overcaffeinated used-car salesman style. I just don't feel like I'm being assaulted or told what to think, which is just how I feel whenever I tune into fox or espn. Plus I get to stay reasonably well informed over the winter. It'll be worth it to me to upgrade in October, despite the blackout snafus.

I've got Phils-braves out here on the central coast (cali)-- I just prefer the coverage style of MLB-- graphics, calm demeanor, knowledge and enthusiasm levels, the fact that the announcers aren't screaming at the top of their lungs to you in a overcaffeinated used-car salesman style. I just don't feel like I'm being assaulted or told what to think, which is just how I feel whenever I tune into fox or espn. Plus I get to stay reasonably well informed over the winter. It'll be worth it to me to upgrade in October, despite the blackout snafus.

Those are the Phillies announcers on Comcast Sportsnet Philly. I get them all year with MLB.TV, and I think they're pretty good. You can tell they're Phillies announcers, but at the same time they acknowledge when the other team makes a good play.

I think it would help if dish had the alternate channel, so that way they would at least get something.

People are paying for the alternate channel. They should get it, but thats the thing with dish they love to not give you programming that your paying for. Have your bills gone down sense Disney HD channels went away? Your still paying for them, and nothing has been uplinked to replace them. Same goes for HDRSN's. You pay a HD fee, unless your free for life, You pay for the RSN in your package. You should be entitled to have your RSN in HD all the time! Dish loves to nickel and dime you but they don't have the common curtsy to give back to the sub. When they do, its not done right. Subs have a right to be pissed. Channels packages aside, when you compare the two providers, one is a gold standard of TV (Directv) in my oppinoion, and the other is the Kmart of TV (Dish). You get what you pay for, and if you go cheap then you get cheap. The problem is that dish needs to stop being so cheap and become the Target of TV in providing good quality selections with good programming options across the board. Not this we will be cheap here but not here crap. If they became the Target of TV then they would have a lot of repeat business instead of people leaving. Two places they can start with is the RSN's and killing the DVR fees!

K9SAT said:
People are paying for the alternate channel. They should get it, but thats the thing with dish they love to not give you programming that your paying for. Have your bills gone down sense Disney HD channels went away? Your still paying for them, and nothing has been uplinked to replace them. Same goes for HDRSN's. You pay a HD fee, unless your free for life, You pay for the RSN in your package. You should be entitled to have your RSN in HD all the time! Dish loves to nickel and dime you but they don't have the common curtsy to give back to the sub. When they do, its not done right. Subs have a right to be pissed. Channels packages aside, when you compare the two providers, one is a gold standard of TV (Directv) in my oppinoion, and the other is the Kmart of TV (Dish). You get what you pay for, and if you go cheap then you get cheap. The problem is that dish needs to stop being so cheap and become the Target of TV in providing good quality selections with good programming options across the board. Not this we will be cheap here but not here crap. If they became the Target of TV then they would have a lot of repeat business instead of people leaving. Two places they can start with is the RSN's and killing the DVR fees!

How can we be paying for Disney HD and not be getting it when HD is free? Yes we don't get it but we aren't getting less for the money do to the free HD

Folks I can say that I am very satisfied with the MLB network. MLB does a very professonal job discussing and explaining baseball. Keep up the good work. MLB channel most watched in my house. Also alt. channel will be coming.

Is a la carte available for MLBN?? That's the only way I know of to pay for a specific channel. A week ago we (Dish subs) didn't have MLBN, today we do. AFAIK we are not paying any more for it, or the apparently very essential alternate channel.

Thanks Bob, your post is just another example of a D* sub pissing on an E* thread trying to turn it into a war zone discussion. Things must be real boring over there... :eek:

Is a la carte available for MLBN?? That's the only way I know of to pay for a specific channel. A week ago we (Dish subs) didn't have MLBN, today we do. AFAIK we are not paying any more for it, or the apparently very essential alternate channel.

Thanks Bob, your post is just another example of a D* sub pissing on an E* thread trying to turn it into a war zone discussion. Things must be real boring over there... :eek:
Another example? Do you really want to go down that road?

Point to an example of another (I know you mean myself) doing said thing. Tell me how I was wrong about anything I stated, particularly my whole point of posting important information because I knew there will be a lot of confusion and questions about blackouts and people annoyed because they lack the alternate channel. Show me how my posts were not intended to be helpful. Show me how I am not using my own knowledge of this channel to help out and inform my Dish friends of what to expect.

The only reason why I am posting here is because I like to help others and share my knowledge. Just as I like it when others help me and share their knowledge (which is why I also ask a lot of questions). I actually find it a little offensive that you take offense to others going out of their way to help out. You sound like some of my students who get upset because I have the audacity to actually teach them some math.

Another example? Do you really want to go down that road?

Point to an example of another (I know you mean myself) doing said thing. Tell me how I was wrong about anything I stated, particularly my whole point of posting important information because I knew there will be a lot of confusion and questions about blackouts and people annoyed because they lack the alternate channel. Show me how my posts were not intended to be helpful. Show me how I am not using my own knowledge of this channel to help out and inform my Dish friends of what to expect.

The only reason why I am posting here is because I like to help others and share my knowledge. Just as I like it when others help me and share their knowledge (which is why I also ask a lot of questions). I actually find it a little offensive that you take offense to others going out of their way to help out. You sound like some of my students who get upset because I have the audacity to actually teach them some math.

I'm not sure why you're offended when the response you're quoting wasn't even directed to you. :confused:

Please go back and re-read Bob's post and let me know what is educational in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)