MLB network

On the face of it I agree. But we do not know that is the case. Again, you are going on us, just posting our thoughts. We connected U-verse not having to get EI, to negotiations with Dish. We have no facts saying that deal is the deal to Dish. Or what else they may want.

No I'm not basing my conclusion on anything that U-Verse did. The article posted here bringing up how MLB was trying to get AT&T and Dish on board a couple months ago mentioned that their strategy now no longer involves offering ownership equity or EI as part of carriage requirement.

I would be willing to pay the channel on the side, it seems that these channels want to be on all the households on the lowest package so they get the most revenue but they should consider getting at least a bit of money instead of getting no money at all.

BTW in regards to this statement:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/ppv/sports/baseball/
DISH Network will not be carrying MLB Extra Innings, the out of market baseball package, and MLB Network this season. The demands made by MLB were not in the best interest of our customers. Fortunately, you can still receive baseball games all season long on ESPN, FOX, Regional Sports Networks, Superstations and local Networks.

I was considering getting the Superstations and I checked my guide yesterday and there's not a single MLB game on it all week. So I don't know how true that is.

/[/URL]

I was considering getting the Superstations and I checked my guide yesterday and there's not a single MLB game on it all week. So I don't know how true that is.

I don't know about WSBK but WPIX will show some games on Saturdays. The Mets-Astros game will be shown on May 14th. The regional sports channels destroyed OTA baseball. KTLA used to show Dodger games all the time, then it dropped to weekends only, then none.

WSBK has not had Sox games in years. A few years ago NESN sold them the rights to Friday night games but oonly in the Boston area. Viewers on DISH and on cable systems outside the Boston DMA saw different programming.

The Superstations do show some games. 21 Yankee games on WWOR, 24 Mets games on WPIX.

Scott, Do you think this is the final word? I'd hate to switch providers only to have it show up shortly after.

sadly, you didn't read what Scott said two posts ago in this thread:
From what I am hearing... its not coming. Sorry wish I had better news.

so in other words. Charlie is still a Cheapo who hates sports and MLB is too greedy for Charlie, so we will never see the MLB Network on Dish as long as it's owned and run by Charlie.

so if you want MLB Network so bad, leave and bite the early termination fee bullet and switch providers, one that has MLB Network and maybe in some cases full HD RSN or in area's that Dish doesn't have it, your local RSN.

MLB Network coming soon to Dish...I think...

I was just chatting with a Dish Rep voicing my concern regarding the Dish/FSN issue blocking out many Twins games and I was told that they are close to resolving the issue. While I had the Rep on Chat, I mentioned how I really wanted Dish to add the MLB Network and I was told that the MLB Network had already been passed on to the Programming Department and that they were moving on getting it added.

I hope she (I think it was a girl by her name) knows what she is talking about but for now, I'm pretty excited. I hope she's not getting the MLB Network confused with Extra Innings or some other baseball channel.

I thought I would pass it along.

sounds like the Dish Rep told you a canned "It's Coming Soon" message. i doubt this channel is coming soon to Dish, did you not see the MLB Network thread, even Scott said it's not coming anytime soon, i rather trust Scott more then a on the phone Dish Rep who may have been in India or the Philippines or right here in the good old US of A when it comes to info regrading a new channel coming to Dish or pending/ongoing channel carriage dispute.

Last edited:
every year they tell us they are going to add it soon. you might go buy a powerball ticket tonight, better chance of winning that than getting MLB network.

It seems like when the MLB Network was being set up, carriage was going to be conditional on being a partner in the MLB Network. Initially the partners were to be DIRECTV and the league.

After some saber rattling from some congress critters, others were allowed to join. DISH Network declined.

I would NOT expect DISH Network to add MLB Network unless the MLB decides they can't survive without them (not bloody likely).

I would also caution that anything you hear from a front line CSR probably isn't worth sharing.

As harshness mentioned, Dish had their chance. It was a really crappy thing for DirecTV to try to monopolize the MLB back in 06 or 07 (I was a Comcast sub at that time), but when the government stepped in many companies stepped forward and got on board. Dish refused, and seeing that we are continuing to drop RSNs, I don't think Dish really cares about getting a 24/7 baseball interest channel. They'd rather buy Blockbuster. As for me, Boston RSNs, NHL Net, NFL Net, & CBS/FOX/NBC/ESPN in HD for football season (if the owners and players can come to an agreement) will leave me in good spirits with Dish for now. Once my Hockey & Football viewing experience is interrupted, I'll begin to question my other options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)