MLB network

No not really i am not interested in the mlb network just for the games. To be honest i've never seen it and don't know what else is on it besides some games. I still would like to have it for it would be interesting to watch sometimes. Plus perhaps it would help Dish keep subs and get more. Same reason i'd like for them to get back EI. I live in the Philly DMA and don't have access to the Phillies on our local RSN in that it's Comcast Sportsnet and they still won't give it to E* or D*. So it's either my local ota station that carries some games and the balance on mlb.tv.

I personally would rather have mlb.tv over EI anyway for it's cheaper. Plus using some internet tricks I get to see my local team the Phillies on it for as you know local teams are blacked out on mlb.tv and mlb network.I then hook up my pc to my tv by hdmi and watch it on a 42" screen instead of having to sit in front of my pc. Much more comfortable that way for me. Non Phillies games I watch on my Roku. Can't do the interent trick on a Roku that I know of.

Check out today's uplink thread... ;)

No way... That is the best news I have seen since becoming a Dish subscriber! How long does it usually take after a channel is uplinked before it goes live? Do they uplink channels that aren't 100% going to be added?

I have known for about 2 weeks it was coming, but didnt want to say anything out of the fear of getting burned AGAIN (then having everyone pissed at me)

The date I am hearing that it will launch is September 7th.

I have known for about 2 weeks it was coming, but didnt want to say anything out of the fear of getting burned AGAIN (then having everyone pissed at me)

The date I am hearing that it will launch is September 7th.

Amazing! It's to bad they waited until the season was almost over before they decided to add it but I'm not going to complain about that now. I'm just happy we are finally going to have it.

It is a year round channel, its just much more useful during the season.It is very similar to the NFL network. The hardcore fans will love it and the casual baseball fans will probably only watch it for live games.

They have shows similar to ESPN's baseball tonight during the season. I like their version better than ESPN's. They do a lot more live look ins to the RSNs for big moments in games. It was my most missed channel since switching to Dish. I am a huge baseball fan though. Other people might not enjoy it as much as I do.

jmccurrytech said:
I guess it'll be in the multi-sports package, right?

Probably it'll be in one of the AT packages. And also maybe in the Multi Sports pack also like NFL Network which is in AT200 and the Multi Sports pack.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

I had on cable. ten times better than espn. Their highlihhts will go into live channel feed when something interested is going on. It does not matter whether in market or out of market. Plus they have very good insiders and baseball analyst. In off season they are always busy.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

this is a channelof great impotence to many a dish nteworksubscriber. great to see it could be added it was on at my friends house here while back well a few weeks ago at least and it salo shows history games and talks about history of the game baseball but hey this is good timing for the channel because pennat races will beheatingup bythat time but i mean they already have too just glad its coming one less reasdon to look at direct tv

8/26/2011
Yup they are going to at the MLB Network just in time for the season to end... (Just kidding)

8/31/2011

Not cool Scott! Attempting to throw us off with your seemingly-sarcastic comment.

Now please make a similar comment about 24/7 RSN's. :D

Amazing! It's to bad they waited until the season was almost over before they decided to add it but I'm not going to complain about that now. I'm just happy we are finally going to have it.

Yep the timing is a little odd, maybe Charlie got a late season discount? But whatever reason, it's about time this was added. As I said earlier in the thread, pretty much every cable company carries this now.

This is good news. Now I was looking at the uplink and if I read correctly mlb will only be in SD or am I missing something? Old eyes....

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)