MLB network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This has got to be a Joe Clayton move. It seems Charlie is letting Joe really run Dish Network (this was cleared with Charlie, of course, but I do believe Charles deferred to Clayton). Clayton is also responsible for the new ad agency and a whole new focus on "emotional" issues and what Dish technology is capable of and not price. I don't think Joe would have it any other way than Charlie NOT micromanaging and letting him (Joe) make the big decisions. But, rest assured, the really big decisions at Dish are still being cleared by Charlie.

As for MLB: good move for Dish, I guess. Every subscriber will be paying for MLB even if we don't subscribe to the service. Oh, well. Maybe Joe can change the culture at Dish from being in mortal terror of Charlie and butt covering to really doing their best because they like the company.

This has got to be a Joe Clayton move. It seems Charlie is letting Joe really run Dish Network (this was cleared with Charlie, of course, but I do believe Charles deferred to Clayton). Clayton is also responsible for the new ad agency and a whole new focus on "emotional" issues and what Dish technology is capable of and not price. I don't think Joe would have it any other way than Charlie NOT micromanaging and letting him (Joe) make the big decisions. But, rest assured, the really big decisions at Dish are still being cleared by Charlie.

As for MLB: good move for Dish, I guess. Every subscriber will be paying for MLB even if we don't subscribe to the service. Oh, well. Maybe Joe can change the culture at Dish from being in mortal terror of Charlie and butt covering to really doing their best because they like the company.

I posted awhile back (probably well over a year probably), that baseball fans could just get their fix with ESPN and this channel was about worthless. In the year since I've had friends talk me into trying fantasy baseball (which after two decades in the wilderness has been a disaster), I've attended a record number of games in person and I have truly rediscovered my love for the sport which I gave up on after the strike in 1994. Just when I thought my return to baseball was complete, this happens out of the blue and it really is like the icing on the cake.

I love this channel. Their highlights are so much better than espn and their analysis so much interested.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

really this could be closed or moved into the already opened thread. No need for another thread about this channel

Easy there Scott :) I think dish subs will take one surprise at a time :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I doubt you will see Extra Innings on Dish unless they work out their NY RSN's conflicts. Anyone who subs to Extra Innings in Yankees or Mets territory would be blacked out on Extra Innings, regardless if an alternate feed is available.

If nobody can receive MLB Network on Channel 153 SD/HD and you have the correct package, then reboot your receiver. You might also need to pull your smartcard out and re-insert. This did work with some friends

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thats DISH. MLB just in time for football. In the immortal words of D. Rodman, whoop de damn do.
Or you can look at it as, just in time for the pennant race. The last month of the regular season is the most exciting time and you get to see that this year. It is better than waiting until the end of the year

DISH Network baseball fans celebrate!!

Per DBS Talk, starting yesterday DISH has given people with Americas 200 and above with MLB Network Channel 153!! :)

Merry Christmas to us!!

I can now renew my contract! My contract expired at the beginning of the year and I was planning on switching to Direct when I got a deal I liked but now I will stay!!!

I dropped DISH back in April over this matter, (and a couple others). At the time they were the only major satellite and cable carrier without the MLB network. I may go back if this hangs around until next year. But I am sure DISH got a good deal to acquire the rights towards the end of the year. Lets see six months from now if they are still going to carry the channel....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)