MLB network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DodgerKing said:
Again...Again...Again... It has nothing to do with blackout rules. If you are in a region that gets the Alternate games for that day, then you can only watch the alternate games.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I appreciate your explanation however I never heard a wors on mlbn about alternate games ans even if I had I would have assumed that they would be seemless just like other networks that have regionalized broadcasts.
Frankly if a network wont allow me to see a broadcast, for wbatever reason, it is a blackout. So I guess Dish has stuck it to is again. We finally get mlbn on HD. But then find out they didn't give us the whole package. A new twist on part time RSNs...

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

umm, then don't upgrade?!?!?

the point was that someone wrote that the blackout rules affecting many of us on Friday night makes it hard to convince one to want to upgrade to a tier with MLB Network in it. My point was to add that if you think blackout is bad, if you have AT120 you are looking at $13-15 more per month just to get access to MLB Network (you can't just straight add the sportspack as AT120 doesn't qualify so you have to go to AT120Plus plus sportspack or just go right to AT200).

If I want MLB Network bad enough, it'll be through directv because it's cheaper during the 24 month committment with all the rebates Directv offers during the committment period. I certainly won't be doing it on DISH Network unless charlie comes to his senses and allows me to just do a straight add of the sportspack to my AT120 package. I doubt that will happen because this addition looks to be purely a ARPS thing to me and see how many AT120 suckers find MLB Network is pretty much worth an additional $13-15 per month on their bill. MLB losing its popularity should have required this in the basic tier so they would have an advantage over the NFL and NBA and NHL in offering their league channel to everyone in AT120 and higher masses rather than in higher tiers with less eyeballs.

I canceled EI on Direct and went with MLB.TV this year instead because it is less expensive and I get more viewing options (more devices and more places to watch)

and archives going back years and EVERY game (not just games on RSNs). I don't know why so many get EI when you look at the so much more MLB.TV provides at around half the cost per season.

None of this makes sense as to why some can watch and others can't
I have no problem not being able to see tbe red sox on mlbn, they are on NESN, BUT why block a game being played on tbe otbwrside of the country. Just doesn't make sense

Ross

the point was that someone wrote that the blackout rules affecting many of us on Friday night makes it hard to convince one to want to upgrade to a tier with MLB Network in it. My point was to add that if you think blackout is bad, if you have AT120 you are looking at $13-15 more per month just to get access to MLB Network (you can't just straight add the sportspack as AT120 doesn't qualify so you have to go to AT120Plus plus sportspack or just go right to AT200).

If I want MLB Network bad enough, it'll be through directv because it's cheaper during the 24 month committment with all the rebates Directv offers during the committment period. I certainly won't be doing it on DISH Network unless charlie comes to his senses and allows me to just do a straight add of the sportspack to my AT120 package. I doubt that will happen because this addition looks to be purely a ARPS thing to me and see how many AT120 suckers find MLB Network is pretty much worth an additional $13-15 per month on their bill. MLB losing its popularity should have required this in the basic tier so they would have an advantage over the NFL and NBA and NHL in offering their league channel to everyone in AT120 and higher masses rather than in higher tiers with less eyeballs.

Per the press release, " MLB Network will be available on channel 153 to customers who subscribe to one of DISH Network’s America’s Top 200, DISH Latino Dos or MultiSport packages."

Currently (and hopefully it stays that way), Dish Latino Dos (which has English and Spanish programming) is the same price as America's Top 120 [$44.99/month]. Again, MLB Network is not a channel we will watch...so, hopefully, this sports programming does not drive up the cost of Dos. However, with Dos, you do not get the English ESPNs. However, I believe Multisport can be added to Dos. Dos is also eligible for HD Free for Life. Dish Latino Max (which is also eligible for HD for Life) has ESPN 1, 2, and ESPNews (no ESPN U currently) along with a variety of other channels for $13 more a month ($57.99/month).

and I'm saying life is full of choices. Dish and MLB made the choice on where to position this channel and you have the choice to subscribe to watch in on that their or not. You make it sound as though just because you subscribe to Dish, no matter the package you are owed the channel.

Something is messed up with my receiver. When I go to the main channel - 153 I get an error 013 "Programming Not Authorized". When I go to channel 446 which I believe is the alternate channel I get a 743 error "Not available in my area", which makes sense.

Called tech support and they tried to reauthorize the channel. No go on channel reauthrizatin. Sent to tier 2 support. They said MLB channel is having problems with some subscribers and there wasn't anything they could do. If It's not working tomorrow I'm supposed to call back. Sigh....................... Sure, nothing better to do than to reboot my receiver a few more times.

Working for me now, whereas it wasn't last night.

I've had the AT-250 package back when it was the AT-150 package. I keep it not so I can get the MLB network but for the movie channels it offers. So I am not upset abut the diference in price. It's the same reason I have the Platinum pack for the movies. That's why i'm with Dish.

Ron

I am just glad its on *E...

Its probably a major hint that better days awaits..

I would like Dish to focus on the Latino HD lineup and take the initiative and be a the leader in that category.. I would say a larger than you think number are Latino subs..

alane said:
Working for me now, whereas it wasn't last night.

Just wondering why u picked 446 as the MLBN alternate? There are several channels from 441 - 453 listed as sports alternates. None of which have any MLBN alternate programing that I can access.

Ross

Got home from red sox game. Wanted to watch more baseball. Turned on MLBN and once again can't watch dbacks and giants. Checked alternate sports channels found nothing I can access.
I am glad we finally got MLBN but had I upgraded to at200 for what amounts to another part time sports channel I would be really upset...

Ross

I don't get it. Why can't I get the Giants, Diamondbacks game in Vermont tonight. It is in the guide info but the game is not available. I hit the help button and it says it is blacked out in my area. My RSN is NESN. This game is not on ESPN or the networks tonight. I did not get the games last night either. I can understand the Red sox game last night as it was on NESN. Am I missing something here??

I do get it on my ipod. I subscribe to mlb on that device. soooo its not blacked out in my area. I am confused.... I see this game listed in the HDALT on ch 448 but same deal not avail. help/blacked out in you area.

Last edited:
flampher said:
I don't get it. Why can't I get the Giants, Diamondbacks game in Vermont tonight. It is in the guide info but the game is not available. I hit the help button and it says it is blacked out in my area. My RSN is NESN. This game is not on ESPN or the networks tonight. I did not get the games last night either. I can understand the Red sox game last night as it was on NESN. Am I missing something here??

Go back to posts from sep1 forward. Lots of questions about this. There is one post that gives an explanation however it doesn't solve the problem.

Ross

Thanks but I have read every post and I still do not undersatnd it. There are two game on tonight. A's and Twins and Giants Diamondbacks. I get neither and can't see any explanation as to why. Now both games are on a RSN somewhere but not mine. I guess I will watch it on my ipod and be happy I get it there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts