MLB package on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putterboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Greetings, Received the e-mail from "D" on the half price MLB ,second half of the season deal and the free preview week-end. Giving it some thought. Curious about how much of MLB is HD? Could anyone who has the MLB pkg. currently shed a little light on that ? The amount of HD will be the primary factor in my decision. Thanks in advance to all.

The Regional Sports Network in your area (you will have to check the other threads for the D* press release stating which RSN's will be on D*) will be showing your local games in HD on Ch. 96 and 97, otherwise the stations in the 734+ channel range will continue to show the games in standard definition.

putterboy said:
Greetings, Received the e-mail from "D" on the half price MLB ,second half of the season deal and the free preview week-end. Giving it some thought. Curious about how much of MLB is HD? Could anyone who has the MLB pkg. currently shed a little light on that ? The amount of HD will be the primary factor in my decision. Thanks in advance to all.

Previously to July 1st there was usually one MLB EI HD broadcast daily (and the majority were Yankee games on YES-HD).

DirecTV stated in their July 10 Press Release that Channel 95 will continue to broadcast in MPEG2 national MLB EI HD games (subject to blackout rules). If the July 1- July 9 timeframe is any indication, there will often be 2 HD national games daily - and these will be from among the RSNs also simultaneously being shown to local markets in MPEG4 on channel 96 or channel 97.

Thanks for the replies-- Like so many others, also anxiously awaiting the 18th to see if I get NESN HD, Nesn being my current RSN. Wait and see.

putterboy said:
Thanks for the replies-- Like so many others, also anxiously awaiting the 18th to see if I get NESN HD, Nesn being my current RSN. Wait and see.

Do you currently have HD locals in your service DMA?

Do you already have AT9 and H20 receviers?

You need to answer yes if you want NESN-HD.

what is the cost of mlb ei on dtv at 1/2 price, dish just lowered it's price to 129 vs. the 179 for full season. that is ridiculous with the season over 1/2 over they are charging 72% of the full season price. i could accept 99 but not 129. i think i'll pass. dish is too greedy.

Directv is also $129. My error, I read it as half price, when in reality, the ad stated " half season price". Sorry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts