MLB POST SEASON 2010

Unfortunately the Rangers #1 pitcher Cliff Lee was used tonight.

Did someone say the next series doesn't start till Saturday ?
They COULD start him on 3 days rest, or have him go in game 2.

Unfortunately the Rangers #1 pitcher Cliff Lee was used tonight.

Did someone say the next series doesn't start till Saturday ?
They COULD start him on 3 days rest, or have him go in game 2.
They said that Lee will pitch game 2 of the ALCS

Call me biased but I don't think that a club declared insolvent and auctioned off in bankruptcy court should be allowed to participate in the playoffs.

Soccer teams that go insolvent are penalized a massive amount of points. MLB needs to take this type of stance as well

Call me biased but I don't think that a club declared insolvent and auctioned off in bankruptcy court should be allowed to participate in the playoffs.

Soccer teams that go insolvent are penalized a massive amount of points. MLB needs to take this type of stance as well
Are you saying the bankruptcy gave the Rangers an unfair advantage?

How well or poorly the management handles their finances shouldn't be allowed to take away the team's accomplishments on the field.

I may be biased, but I think the Rangers deserve extra credit for ignoring the management turmoil and winning the division going away.

Interesting point....but like most businesses, if you can still run the business to pay those debts....I doubt a judge will saying no.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

How well or poorly the management handles their finances shouldn't be allowed to take away the team's accomplishments on the field.

I may be biased, but I think the Rangers deserve extra credit for ignoring the management turmoil and winning the division going away.

I agree. I am pleasantly surprised they were able overcome this huge distraction.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

Yes...I think it did give them an unfair advantage.

In a general sense, if you max out your credit cards you can get some nice things that a more fiscally responsible person would not have been able to get.

I think there has to be some sort of major penalty imposed on clubs that will not show fiscal responsibility. It does give the team a short-term advantage although at long term expense.

If the Rangers can split the first two games with NY, then it's a five game series with Cliff Lee pitching games 1 and 5. I'd like the Rangers chances then but I don't know if they can split the first two. The Rangers haven't won at home yet.

NY has a 9 game post-season winning streak vs Texas.

If the Rangers can split the first two games with NY, then it's a five game series with Cliff Lee pitching games 1 and 5. I'd like the Rangers chances then but I don't know if they can split the first two. The Rangers haven't won at home yet.

NY has a 9 game post-season winning streak vs Texas.

The other way to look at it is that if the series does not go seven (and more often than not they don't), Lee is pitching just one of the first six games. But don't forget, while the rest of the Rangers pitching staff is not Cliff Lee, they are pretty good.

The Rangers' best chance may be to bring up someone from the minors for their first major league start. For some reason the Yankees tend to make guys like that look like a pitcher Cliff Lee hopes to be someday if he keeps working hard at his craft.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts