MLB Saturday Blackouts EI vs. MLB.tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjthadj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I would love to know if anyone has an explanation why non-FOX Saturday day baseball games are available on MLB.tv but not on MLB EI? For example, right now the Cubs are playing the Astros at Wrigley. Game started at 1P Eastern, Noon local. I've got it on MLB.tv just fine. But every channel carrying the game on D* is blacked out. Does anyone know who to contact at MLB regarding these insanely stupid blackout rules?

The blackout rules for Fox is for ALL broadcast, including that on MLB.tv, during the 3 hour window of 1pm PDT - 4pm PDT (4pm EDT - 7pm ED). Local broadcast, EI, and MLB.tv are allowed to broadcast any game before or after that 3 hour window, just not during it. EI simply waits until after the Fox window to show all games.

So what you're saying is D* could run these games on EI if they wanted to, they would just have to black them out once that FOX window hits? I know baseball fans have been complaining about this FOX Saturday thing for a long time but this is ridiculous!

sounds like they could but might get worried if a game runs long they would have to black it out

seems goofy if you ask me because the Twins are on at Noon against Yanks and Toronto is on at Noon and neither game can be seen on EI then

The blackout rule allows any game that starts before the window goes into effect to be shown in its ENTIREITY, even if it runs after the window starts. D* and EI are just plain screwing those of us that pay for this package by not showing these games.

EI is a joke any more. Blackouts, Phillies feeds, Padres feeds, Saturday doesn't start until 7:00. Baseball fans getting screwed as usual. If this was football, it would be a different story.

Is there anyone at D* we can get in touch with where our comments will ACTUALLY be heard as opposed to just whining to a CSR who couldn't care less? Something similar to E*'s ceo@ e-mail?

EI is a joke any more. Blackouts, Phillies feeds, Padres feeds, Saturday doesn't start until 7:00. Baseball fans getting screwed as usual. If this was football, it would be a different story.
Pads feed is no longer an issue.

Let me put some screwy situation due to these FOX blackout rules. The Dodgers and Marlins started at 3pm here (6pm FL time), but the game shown here on KCAL had to be delayed an hour. Now what is on TV is 3 innings behind what is on the radio.

I don't think EI is a joke at all.It's one of D's best sports subscriptions and I am totally happy with it.Saturday afternoon blackouts are a way of life & it's not going to change anytime soon.That's the FOX Network's exclusive time.And yes I do agree the blackouts suck.I'll go out with my g/f,go take a walk or water the lawn if there's nothing on a Saturday afternoon.There are other things to do other than watching baseball 24/7.
As far as feeds go,as long as the game is being shown in HD I don't care who broadcasts it. FSN whoever could do 100% of the games for all I care,as long as they are all shown that's the important thing.People have been getting too worked up over this every year.

Not only is this one of the best years for EI, not only does direct offer more games on EI than any other provider, not only does Direct offer more games in HD on EI than any other provider, we also pay $40 less this year for the EI with HD. I am not going to complain.

The HD schedule is great on DTV. Also when CSN-Phi and SD4 allow EI subs to view the games in their own area, then all their games should be available on EI for the whole country. What a racket they have now. I can only view the Phillies on my local stations, WQMY and WSWB. These are games contracted from Channel 17 in Philadelphia.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts