MLB Strike Zone, channel 719

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Great that MLB is at least working on bringing this concept channel back, Strike Zone, game to game like Red Zone.

To do it right, they should work it much harder than twice a week. It should be 5-7 days a week. At a min it should be Sunday afternoon, Tue/Wed nights and Fri/Sat nights (or Sat afternoon when FOX has the prime time exclusive games a few Saturdays).

This could be a real winner of a channel done right. Let the provider decide where to put it, whether it is on sports packages, high tiers, or as part of MLBEI. The fan that wants a channel like this will pay for it, if it is done right.

+1

Doesnt MLB do "whip around" coverage normally (unless they have a game being broadcast)?

Kind of. They usually do a lot more talking in between though. They give analysis and highlights of earlier games around the league and then when they get to games that are still on they will cut in live for a little bit and talk about the game in progress. If they stay on that game for a while they will usually put the RSN announcers on eventually. This isn't commercial free though and they spend a lot of time showing highlights and people talking instead of live coverage.

If this channel is like RedZone it will be almost exclusively live coverage and there will be no commercial breaks or so much footage of people talking. So it is somewhat similar but not the same.

I would imagine if this became a offering from MLB Network (even as a second channel like the NFL does) that it would become part of MLB.TV subscription (probably on the premier one). If not this year than maybe next.

Problem is if they launch something with only two days a week we are talking 50 nights a year of coverage. They may have a hard time selling that to the provides if they are charging for it. If they just include it with MLB Net or MLB EI then it would likely be carried, but I doubt it will be free, as in no additional cost to the providers.

I am hearing a VERY STRONG RUMOR from a number of sources that DIRECTV is close to finishing a deal to add MLB Strike Zone to their lineup.

Stay tuned!

I am hearing a VERY STRONG RUMOR from a number of sources that DIRECTV is close to finishing a deal to add MLB Strike Zone to their lineup.

Stay tuned!
Awesome. Good to know.

It will probably be in the EI package like RZ is in the ST package. I am hoping it will also be available for other base packages as well for those that do not sub to EI.

It would be nice if it was more than just Tuesday and Friday (I did get confirmation that it is Friday and not Thursday)

And the only reason April 10th isnt a full set is thats because 4/9 the home opener for some teams. 4/10 is a backup open date in case the Home Opener gets rained out

When it comes to the days picked. I don't think Dish selected them, it was probably the MLB. As for DirecTV, I don't see the point of a channel like this when you get EI. Just my opinion.
It is MLBs decision.

As for DirecTV adding it. It is a good addon to EI, but if it is also available without EI it will be good option for those that do not sub to EI

I read that it is available with Sports Pack or Extra Innings, but haven't found anything from Directv stating that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts