MLB.tv and spring training

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markprior22

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
central illinois
Directv just charged 1st installment for MLB Extra Innings. Was hoping to be able to watch some spring training games on MLB.tv (that comes free with EI) but it keeps saying I don't have a subscription. When I try linking my account by selecting cable provider, message keeps saying it wasn't successful. Does MLB.tv through Directv not start until the regular season begins? If we are being charged for EI now, we should have access to mlb.tv now.

Unfortunately DirecTV has given access starting the first day of the season, they did that last year and it appears it may be the same this year.

Other options include MLB Network (many games), DirecTV Sports Pack for a month ($15, most games), or MLB.TV for a month ($25, all games).

Reactions: ejb1980
MLB.tv is working for me and the first month's charge for MLB-EI hasn't even hit my bill yet, it starts on my next billing period. I recall there were some problems last year with accounts and logins being crossed up but I don't remember what the "fix" was. I seem to remember it was centered around the account linking and I think it may have had something to do with being already logged in?? Maybe try logging out of both MLB.tv and DirecTV and then log back in.

MLB.tv is working for me and the first month's charge for MLB-EI hasn't even hit my bill yet, it starts on my next billing period. I recall there were some problems last year with accounts and logins being crossed up but I don't remember what the "fix" was. I seem to remember it was centered around the account linking and I think it may have had something to do with being already logged in?? Maybe try logging out of both MLB.tv and DirecTV and then log back in.
The CSR told me that it would not be available until April 4. The problem with being signed on to another device has nothing to do with Directv. It is strictly MLB.tv.

The CSR told me that it would not be available until April 4. The problem with being signed on to another device has nothing to do with Directv. It is strictly MLB.tv.
As I said, I don't recall what the issue was. Do you have a separate MLB.tv account, a different login than the DirecTV login? Have you tried both sets of logins on the MLB.tv page to see it that works? If I'm not mistake, the MLB site is looking for your DirecTV login to verify eligibility, not your MLB.tv login.

As far as not being available until April 4th, it's definitely working for me and others. It worked yesterday and I'll find out in about an hour if it's still working today.

I do not have a separate MLB.tv subscription anymore either, I haven't purchased one since it started coming with MLB-EI.

Trying to do the same thing. It's not authorizing. Error attached.

Attachments

• 94bc7b5e82657821a4fc90d565ea8948.png
    94bc7b5e82657821a4fc90d565ea8948.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 300
I figured out why I can access the Spring Training games. At the end of last season, I purchased the Postseason package. The price was $9.99 and as it turns out, it also includes the 2016 Spring Training games as well as the 2015 Postseason. If I knew that at the time I sure don't remember it.

Anyway, on the page below it talks about what comes with that Postseason package. It also includes a link to purchase the package at what appears to be the $9.99 price. My guess is that the purchase will not go through at that price and that they will want the full price of I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of $25. It's worth a try though, you never know until you try. :)

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=PostseasonTV

I figured out why I can access the Spring Training games. At the end of last season, I purchased the Postseason package. The price was $9.99 and as it turns out, it also includes the 2016 Spring Training games as well as the 2015 Postseason. If I knew that at the time I sure don't remember it.

Anyway, on the page below it talks about what comes with that Postseason package. It also includes a link to purchase the package at what appears to be the $9.99 price. My guess is that the purchase will not go through at that price and that they will want the full price of I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of $25. It's worth a try though, you never know until you try. :)

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=PostseasonTV
I have the same package and can view Spring training games. It would be nice it DTV would allow that access before Opening Day.

I have the same package and can view Spring training games. It would be nice it DTV would allow that access before Opening Day.
Yes, it would.

Something to keep in mind when the Postseason rolls around this year, that $9.99 price looks to be a pretty darn good deal since it includes next season's Spring Training games. :)

Check teams spring training schedules. some teams stream games for free. I know the White Sox do. I've watched 3 or 4 so far.

For what it's worth, there have been zero blackouts during Spring Training with just the good old Sports Pack. Watching Angels @ Diamondbacks now...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)