MLB.TV - Any opinions?

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Just wondering if anybody has any opinions on MLB.TV? I'm wanting to become a subscriber (the $39.99 / year version) so that I can keep up with the Blue Jays and a couple of other teams. Not being able to see my local team (the Braves) is of no concern to me as I see them on TBS most of the time anyways. I've looked at the premium edition, but keeping up with six games at a time seems like it would be a headache to me.

Also, can I somehow hook my PC to my television so that I can view the games on TV? And finally, how do the condensed games work?

Cade

I don't believe that i ever hooked it up to my tv, but i'm sure it's possible. I bought it for 2 months last season to watch the Reds, and i really enjoyed everything that mlb.com had to offer. I love baseball, and play fantasy baseball so i really enjoyed watching the other games, especially during the pennant chase. I was really surprised with the overall quality and user friendliness of the site. If I wasn't married, i would probably buy the whole season subscription and spend more time in front of my computer :p

As far as hooking your PC to your TV and viewing the MLB.TV games on your TV, it depends on what connections you have available.

My HDTV has a VGA cable connection and I have used it to view MLB.TV games. However, I never bothered to investigate a connection for the sound. My PC can produce that just fine.

I almost never use it this way. I also have MLB-EI from my satellite company and watch most of my games that way.

About the only time I use MLB.TV is when Fox is broadcasting a game I am not interested in on Saturday and I use the audio option on MLB.TV to listen to my favorite team's game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)