MLB.TV Comes to Roku

you took the words right out of my mouth:D

I can't speak for the MLB.tv stuff but you can't compare the bitrate to say satellite MPEG4 bitrate since Netflix and Amazon don't have to do realtime encoding their encoders have more time to churn and burn on the content getting it down farther in size without reducing quality.

I can't speak for the MLB.tv stuff but you can't compare the bitrate to say satellite MPEG4 bitrate since Netflix and Amazon don't have to do realtime encoding their encoders have more time to churn and burn on the content getting it down farther in size without reducing quality.
Well you your right on that for now? but what i can tell you for sure is that this little majic box is still unbelievable,I have DTV for MLB HD and after installing this up date MLB.TV HD and compared both of them side by side one 1080P the other720p and i think the 720p is a little clearer,so next year will be MLB.TV HD for me and less for DTV, one less sports package,As for blackout only for the live game, after it over you can watch the full games as many time as you want that pretty freaking great!,No commercials during live games, you can stop/resume/or watch the game from the start.and you get both feeds home/away in hd, so with all that said this is fu..ing great i still cant bleave it.:)

One thing i would like to add is roku/netflixs got it right the first time when they produced this item for use/sale, I have to take my hat's off to this company your going to be here a long long time.Thank you ROKU from everyone that has it, your the best.:angel:

Last edited:
MLB.TV feeds are blacked out in market. NY Yankee fans in NY / CT / PA / NJ are expected to watch the Yankees on YES Network.

you can always watch the game in the archives, though. No live game in-market unless you watch it on YES Network if you have it on cable or satelite or if you have cablevision in some areas in Yankee territory and can watch it via MLB.TV with no blackout.

you can always watch the game in the archives, though. No live game in-market unless you watch it on YES Network if you have it on cable or satelite or if you have cablevision in some areas in Yankee territory and can watch it via MLB.TV with no blackout.

That is as much fun as watching NFL replay on the NFL Network.

Yesterday MLB.TV was having major problems streaming through Roku. Some games had no audio, some games took over 10 minutes to produce a stream, and all had a jittery, washed out look. Yes, I know it's a beta, but it has been rolled out to everyone that owns a Roku box and they are charging for it. So there's an expectation that the PQ is going to be acceptable.

Hopefully, it was just a technical glitch and that future broadcasts will produce better quality than washed out grass and some closeup shots of players who look like claymation characters.

Yesterday MLB.TV was having major problems streaming through Roku. Some games had no audio, some games took over 10 minutes to produce a stream, and all had a jittery, washed out look. Yes, I know it's a beta, but it has been rolled out to everyone that owns a Roku box and they are charging for it. So there's an expectation that the PQ is going to be acceptable.

Hopefully, it was just a technical glitch and that future broadcasts will produce better quality than washed out grass and some closeup shots of players who look like claymation characters.
No problem here today or yesterday must be your internet connection,perfect HD picture here watching yankee game right now:)

No problem here today or yesterday must be your internet connection,perfect HD picture here watching yankee game right now:)

What kind of display are you using and what size? Mine is a 60" plasma.

According to the Roku forum, my problems were not just limited to me. It appeared to be fairly widespread, and Roku engineers acknowleded it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)