MLB.TV "In Market" Access

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
http://padrestv.mlb.com//mlb/subscriptions/inmarket/index.jsp?c_id=sd&affiliateId=MLBTVTAB

I am completely disgusted with the latest ploy by MLB to grab more cash from the fans. For only $50.00, I can watch the Padres on my computer while in San Diego. The catch....you also have to be a Cox.net subscriber and you can only watch the game if you are connected through your Cox subscription. For many, the option of ISPs at your office is not your own. So, you can still pay this ungodly amount and be restricted to only watching the broadcasts from home.

So this is Bud's idea of fixing the blackout rules? It's even more disappointing that many teams are now cable only. This means that if you want to watch your local team, you MUST have either a minimum cable or satellite package. Of course, the lifeline rates will not apply as the RSNs are not available in Family Packages or Basic Cable.

I hope there are not many takers.

I have always wondered if you could use an open proxy server to fool mlb.com into thinking that you're in a different location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)