MLB.TV questions

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I am considering buying the MLB.TV package. I have two questions hopefully someone can answer. I called the 800 number for MLB.TV and that is 30 minutes I will never be able to get back.

1. I am planning on using the package with the Playon software so I would like to buy it by the month. Is it more expensive to buy it by the month than the year?

2. I live in Alabama but my ISP runs out of Tampa Bay. So when I check my blackouts it says that the Tampa Bay Rays are blacked out. When I called MLB.TV the lady told me since I live in Alabama and my ISP is out of Tampa Bay. I would be blacked out of the Braves AND the Rays games. This doesn't make since to me. I know I should be blacked out of the Braves games but I don't think I should be blacked out of the Rays too?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

MLB.TV Premium is $150 per season by the month or $120 by buying by the year. Only you can answer how significant that saving is to you if you were to do yearly rather than monthly. I also think you lose access to the archives at the end of the season rather than having access to them through 2/28/11 by subscribing yearly.

as for location, if you can find a way to make your IP say alabama, then you can have the Alabama blackout rule. You are at the mercy of MLB's "geolocation" technology.
Maybe if you watch it on a mobile device (At Bat), you might be able to get your IP to read properly and give you the right blackout for your area.

I am considering buying the MLB.TV package. I have two questions hopefully someone can answer. I called the 800 number for MLB.TV and that is 30 minutes I will never be able to get back.

1. I am planning on using the package with the Playon software so I would like to buy it by the month. Is it more expensive to buy it by the month than the year?

2. I live in Alabama but my ISP runs out of Tampa Bay. So when I check my blackouts it says that the Tampa Bay Rays are blacked out. When I called MLB.TV the lady told me since I live in Alabama and my ISP is out of Tampa Bay. I would be blacked out of the Braves AND the Rays games. This doesn't make since to me. I know I should be blacked out of the Braves games but I don't think I should be blacked out of the Rays too?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Want to know what teams are blacked out for you? Go here:http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?affiliateId=MLBTVREDIR
Scroll down to the box at the bottom of the page and click on:
"To find out which Club's live games are blacked out in your current location, click here".
If the Rays are not listed, then you will be able to watch those games.
Keep in mind that there is a nationwide black out on Saturday afternoons/evenings and Sunday night.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)