Question for soccer fans

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
When an English channel and a Spanish channel show the same soccer game at the same time, which one of the two do you watch?
Example: Yesterday Fox and Univision broadcasted the Gold Cup quarterfinal between the U.S. and El Salvador (BTW U.S. won 5-1 :))
At first I watched the beginning on Fox but I didn't care for the way they inserted their sponsor ads so I switched it to Univision and the experience seemed better to me. Yes the announcers spoke Spanish but I didn't have to understand them to know what was happening. Besides you know somebody scored when the annoucer yells out "GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":D

That would be the same reason, I wait and watch some shows online. All the ads and pop up ads on the screen. It does have an effect on who or what channel I will watch, if I have the choice.

I watch the spanish broadcast because OTHER than speaking spanish, the announcers tell a story leading to a pass or a "tackle" or a score. And when they say things like "the team has no sense of creavity" or "they lack imagination" associated to a sport, any sport... that is hilarious to me.

It's not soccer, but when I was in Japan, from time to time the Sumo wrestling would be announced in both Japanese & English (weird having English be the SAP). But I actually preferred the announcing in Japanese, the announcers tended to get the nuances better.

Unfortunately U.S. TV announcers tend to want to tell stories instead of what's happening. For the same reason, I mute the audio when watching Braves baseball, or UGA/GT football and listen to the radio announcers instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)