MLB's top 20 games on MLB network

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
so I really haven't caught many of these, does anyone know which games they've included so far in this countdown? i can't find a list

#20 is the best one so far (and according to MLB Net when it was shown, the only regular season game in the bunch)

I am betting the #1 game is Reds vs Redsox Game 6 1975 World Series. :D

down to the top 6. let's see if the east coast bias exists, because I am scared that the greatest world series game of all time is not going to be on there. i don't feel my reservations are warranted and I have faith that the list won't be tarnished

down to the top 6. let's see if the east coast bias exists, because I am scared that the greatest world series game of all time is not going to be on there. i don't feel my reservations are warranted and I have faith that the list won't be tarnished

Red Sox/Reds?

Sandra

Yes it is. If there was no east coast bias, there is one clear best game ever, and it happened in the World Series. However, since that game included two west coast teams, one having a fanbase that isn't very large and neither have a national following, it is forgotten.
October 26, 2002 World Series Game 6, Giants at Angels - Baseball-Reference.com

I'm sure for the LA sports fan this was the greatest game you can remember. As a Yankee fan, I would nominate the comback in 1996 from being down 3-0 to the Braves, and virtually out of the series, to come back and win 6-3. I will never forget the Leyritz home run.

Also, the Yankees celebrating a world series victory in 2000 AT Shea Stadium is right up there for me too.

But I would never suggest that these are even close to other games I haven't seen...Red Sox/Reds, which so many people (on both coasts) talk about being the greatest game ever, the Mazeoski home run in 1960, Don Larsen's perfect game...it goes on and on.

Sandra

I'm sure for the LA sports fan this was the greatest game you can remember. As a Yankee fan, I would nominate the comback in 1996 from being down 3-0 to the Braves, and virtually out of the series, to come back and win 6-3. I will never forget the Leyritz home run.

Sandra

I still go into a fetal position when I think of that WS.

I can't believe that Game #7 was the Cubs/Marlins game where Bartman strikes. That was a horrible game.

The list is the "best" games of the last 50 years but come on

#12...the game Jeter his the 1st November home run...seriously?
#9....Arizona/Yankees game 7 with Gonzales single....seriously?
#7...Bartman

Who comes up with these "winners"??? So because of one thing during the game thats makes it "a top game?"

I shutter what the last 6 are...

The list is the "best" games of the last 50 years but come on

#12...the game Jeter his the 1st November home run...seriously?
#9....Arizona/Yankees game 7 with Gonzales single....seriously?
#7...Bartman

Who comes up with these "winners"??? So because of one thing during the game thats makes it "a top game?"

I shutter what the last 6 are...

In all fairness #9 did deserve to be on the list(unless you are complaining that it should be closer to 1). Great ending to a great series, I don't see what is wrong with that choice. What I do question is regular season games being on the list

I can't believe that Game #7 was the Cubs/Marlins game where Bartman strikes. That was a horrible game.
It was a horrible game. And it also showed the ugly side of Cub fans. Everyone would have done the same thing Bartman did. The game itself wasn't so much about that play as it was a meltdown of a team and a Manager that couldn't close the deal.

What I do question is regular season games being on the list

the only regular season game on the list (confirmed the 1st week) was the 23-22 game which should be on the list
When they showed that Bob Costas said "and the only regular season game on our list"

I thing that 10 run comeback in the Pirates/Phillies game from a few years ago where the announcer said he would walk home if they lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts