MLB's top 20 games on MLB network

#19 I agree with
#16 (Twins Tigers game 163) deserves to be in the bunch

over the greatest come back in a world series game? #16 was a great game, don't get me wrong, but no way does it hold up against a WS game.

This means the Reds and Sox WS game with Fisk HR will be #2 or #1. The game should not be in the top 5 IMO. #3 should be #1, and #10 should be #2

This means the Reds and Sox WS game with Fisk HR will be #2 or #1. The game should not be in the top 5 IMO. #3 should be #1, and #10 should be #2

I guess you missed my post above ;)

well there are only 2 games left and Twins/Braves Game 7 is confirmed as #2 so I guess Red Sox/Reds is #1

Iceberg said:
I guess you missed my post above ;)

well there are only 2 games left and Twins/Braves Game 7 is confirmed as #2 so I guess Red Sox/Reds is #1

Bias is the only way to describe it. There is no way that game should be considered the top game of all time.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Because it wasn't.

It was not a deciding game. The outcome of that game did not affect the winner of the series. It was not won on a dramatic comeback. It had one of the worst play by play calls of any walk off HR (showing that either the announcer did not think it was that dramatic or it was simply a horrible call). The starters did not dominate. No one player had a game of a lifetime. There was not one dramatic play or mistake that lives in history as a huge game changer or series changer. There were no major records broken or set.

There are several games throughout history that have all or several of the variables mentioned which automatically make them better games (i.e. Games 6 of the 1986 WS, involving one of the same teams BTW, and even game 1 of the 1988 WS).

If that same game and series with exactly the same outcomes, plays, and players was played between the Padres and Mariners, I can bet you it will not even make the top 10

Last edited:
One of the cool things about this series is hearing vin scully breaking it down, watched sox/mets again yesterday, so many times they were at two strikes/two outs

Because it wasn't.

It was not a deciding game. The outcome of that game did not affect the winner of the series. It was not won on a dramatic comeback. It had one of the worst play by play calls of any walk off HR (showing that either the announcer did not think it was that dramatic or it was simply a horrible call). The starters did not dominate. No one player had a game of a lifetime. There was not one dramatic play or mistake that lives in history as a huge game changer or series changer. There were no major records broken or set.

There are several games throughout history that have all or several of the variables mentioned which automatically make them better games (i.e. Games 6 of the 1986 WS, involving one of the same teams BTW, and even game 1 of the 1988 WS).

If that same game and series with exactly the same outcomes, plays, and players was played between the Padres and Mariners, I can bet you it will not even make the top 10

Everything you said is exactly why it should be. It was the whole game not one play that made it the best GAME of all time.

One of the cool things about this series is hearing vin scully breaking it down, watched sox/mets again yesterday, so many times they were at two strikes/two outs
And that game should be #1, IMO.

As far as a whole series goes, there is probably none better than the 1991 WS and the 2004 ALCS

There was nothing in the whole game that fit what I mentioned

You need to watch the game again then. Bernie Carbo pinch hits to tie the game. Fisk hitting one in extras. It was a fight with hitting back and forth.

Everything you said is exactly why it should be. It was the whole game not one play that made it the best GAME of all time.

2002 world series game 6 is better though lol

There are two things in baseball that stand out as overrated too me, the Willie Mays catch in center-field and game six of the 1975 WS.

You need to watch the game again then. Bernie Carbo pinch hits to tie the game. Fisk hitting one in extras. It was a fight with hitting back and forth.
I have watched the game several times. I have the MLB.TV account and can watch classic games. It was a good game and the Reds had what I consider one of the best offenses of all time that year, but the game itself is not the top game of all time, IMO. The lead only changed twice.

Yes, Carbo's HR in the 8th was more dramatic than Fisc's HR; yet it is Fisc's HR that gets played over and over

Baseball's Best | MLB.com: Programming

Last edited:
Well I saw a commercial today on MLB for the #1 in the "top 20 games" which is on next Sunday and I was shocked :eek:

eh, not really ;)

Red Sox/Reds Game 6 75 WS

has anyone seen an advertisement yet? i've heard that it might actually be the Angels at #1!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)