Model 4000 DOA?

A Legacy single will work. Clear your matrix, that is, run check switch without a sat connection. Then connect the antenna and do another check switch. It should identify 119 only. Leave it on TP 11 and turn the receiver off. Hopefully, it will start a software download within a few minutes.

I have it set up and was waiting for the download, I did a check switch and it found 119- odd/even and was locked on so I backed out of the menue and shut off the receiver. It did still show 148 & 61? when I shut it off so I may have to Clear the matrix as you say. Never heard of that till now. It seems like it may work, at least it locked on 119 and identified the odd/even.

You are the man! It worked, yea..... Kinda, After all is said and done the switch is recognised as a SW64, the receiver finds 110, 119, odd/even. All is good, but noooo, I can see the receiver is finding channels it shows the information at the top of the screen, but the screen stays black. Except on channel 101 the dish info channel. I called Dish thinking they would have to activate this receiver and they said I would have to wait for a new "Smart Card" Bummer. This sounds like it may be true to me, what do you think? Is this the end of the road for now?

I believe we all forgot about the smart card color change. Yes, you will need to wait for a new card. I am happy for your success. Glad to help.

Again I Thank You, and all who assisted in this. Although it wasn't 100% successful it was close. And somewhat interesting, I learned some things I may never need again but who knows. I enjoy the challenge. I figure the card will be here the day after I have the 322 installed. Anybody need a Model4000, Good to Go? Time to move on. Cheers, Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts