Monday Night Football: Dropouts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KenB123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Northern Illinois
I first started watching last night's Monday Night Football (Chicago vs. Minnesota, produced by ESPN) via my local ABC-HD broadcast. I kept getting short audio dropouts, and occasional video stutters. I checked out the SD version for the same station and everything was fine. Then I switched to ESPN-HD and watched the remaining game as everything was fine there also. I switched between the ESPN-HD and ABC-HD and noticed the ABC-HD was slightly behind (maybe a second).

So how does this work? Does ABC get a feed of the game from ESPN and then they broadcast their feed signal?

I assume the problem was either the ABC-HD signal feed glitching, or my receiver was having problems with a weaker signal.

It would be a simulcast of the ESPN feed... as i am assuming your in Minnesota or Chicago, as they would be the only markets where the OTA network would pick it up. I didnt watch the KSTP coverage as it was 2 seconds behind the ESPN feed, and i wanted to watch it live :) there was no issue on the ESPN side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)