Monday Night Football: Dropouts

KenB123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Northern Illinois
I first started watching last night's Monday Night Football (Chicago vs. Minnesota, produced by ESPN) via my local ABC-HD broadcast. I kept getting short audio dropouts, and occasional video stutters. I checked out the SD version for the same station and everything was fine. Then I switched to ESPN-HD and watched the remaining game as everything was fine there also. I switched between the ESPN-HD and ABC-HD and noticed the ABC-HD was slightly behind (maybe a second).

So how does this work? Does ABC get a feed of the game from ESPN and then they broadcast their feed signal?

I assume the problem was either the ABC-HD signal feed glitching, or my receiver was having problems with a weaker signal.

It would be a simulcast of the ESPN feed... as i am assuming your in Minnesota or Chicago, as they would be the only markets where the OTA network would pick it up. I didnt watch the KSTP coverage as it was 2 seconds behind the ESPN feed, and i wanted to watch it live :) there was no issue on the ESPN side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts