Monday Night Football Problems?

whyme

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Did anyone notice last night that one of the closeup camera's was in a constant flicker? The dark orange on the bronco's uniforms were jumping off.. Anyone else see this? The rest of the camera views seemed fine.

I am in VA and ABC OTA PQ sucked on the football game. Some shots were blurry, like looking through heat waves off a grill. Also had some pixelization when running to huddle. The problem here is that ABC added NewsNow channel thats sucking bandwidth.

I compared to TNTHD "The Grid" and it put ABC PQ to shame. Also Fox NASCAR upconversion looks better.

himm I noticed a NewsNow channel when the upgrade came.. Wonder if that is what was doing it...

I don't have ABC HD yet but I can confirm that the SD cable picture was the worst I have ever seen, EVER, on any television or provider. I can't even describe how bad it was in words. It was so blurry you could not even watch it, then before the snap it was like the players became some weird pattern of colors (see I told you I couldn't describe it very well :no )

Please ABC, no more of this garbage.

kaw

For me when they went to a camera not zoomed in it looked ok.. But close up shots were horrid.. Why does ABC put up with this... Well at least my Saints dont play any Monday Night games..

I didn't notice any problems. Joe Gibbs looked real good in the close-ups at the end of the game. I'm watching Baltimore Ch 2. They also have 2-2(news) and 2-3 (radar).

-John

It was kind of messed up in Chicago. The first quarter or so had no announcers... just the background noise. Then it actually switched to SD for a part of the game before the local ABC got their act together and flipped the correct switch. The PQ didn't look as nice as it did last year. They recently added another subchannel (7.3) with a weather map that seems to be eating into the HD bandwidth.

kawdog said:
I don't have ABC HD yet but I can confirm that the SD cable picture was the worst I have ever seen, EVER, on any television or provider. I can't even describe how bad it was in words. It was so blurry you could not even watch it, then before the snap it was like the players became some weird pattern of colors (see I told you I couldn't describe it very well :no )

Please ABC, no more of this garbage.

kaw

Speaking of "worst I have ever seen", my local ABC affiliate in DC broadcasts Wheel of Fortune in a way that is rendered worse than a 20 year old VHS tape dubbed several times in EP speed.