Mondays Good Morning America

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

SatelliteGAL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Amherst, NY (Buffalo suburb)
Mondays Good Morning America medical special on tinnitus was filmed in our University Clinic today because we do a lot with tinnitus and the Neuromonics device some of you may have seen on engadget.

It was really kind of funny because they came on very short notice.... like 4 pm yesterday for todays shoot. All of our audiologists had just left for the AAA convention in NC. I do mean just left..... The office was trying to call one of them as she was turning her phone off for takeoff. When she turned the phone on after landing she received the messages. One of the guys flew back, getting here at 1:30 am and getting ready for the shoot. Spent the afternoon doing it and flew back out to NC.
They filmed for almost 2 hours but I bet we only see about 4 minutes.

Your doing good work. My years of being on support by fire lines and conducting CQB missions has left me with 70 % hearing loss in one ear and a case of tinnitus so bad that it sometimes keeps me up at night. The VA is about useless concerning this area. They give me a scrip for ellaville which does help when it's really bad, but for the most part I have found a little pot before bed and leaving the TV on for white noise while I sleep is what works best for me.

Your doing good work. My years of being on support by fire lines and conducting CQB missions has left me with 70 % hearing loss in one ear and a case of tinnitus so bad that it sometimes keeps me up at night. The VA is about useless concerning this area. They give me a scrip for ellaville which does help when it's really bad, but for the most part I have found a little pot before bed and leaving the TV on for white noise while I sleep is what works best for me.

Unfortunately a lot of people have been given more drugs than you can imagine and told that's all that could be done. A lot of progress has been made in this area but a lot of doctors do not know enough about it. There is a link for Veterans on the neuromonics website by the way.

I checked out the website and why the device seems very promising I could not find a vets link. Could you pm me with some more information about the link and how to go about getting treated and having VA either pay outright or reimburse me for my costs? Thanks a lot. Living with this has been extremely frustrating at times and while all of the audiologists I have seen expect me to be at complete loss within 10 to 15 years ( I am currently using a hearing aid in my left ear and exepct to have one in my right ear within 2 to 3 years), the most frustrating aspect has been loss of sleep because of the tinnitus. That and wondering if I will be able to hear my daughter say I do some day, or hearing her kids call me Grandpa.

Click on the clinic locator and when it asks for your address it also asks if you are eligible for va benefits.
The "sound pillow" helps some people and is not real expensive.
Our clinic has a lot of different programs. Neuromonics is just one of them. There are a few other clinics around the country that do a lot more for tinnitus also. Perhaps one of them is listed on the neuromonics site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)