Monitoring Times Magazine

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
How may of you Satellite guys subscribe to Monitoring Times Magazine to keep up with the latest on all aspect of scanning, ham radio, shortwave listening and yes FTA?
mikelib

mikelib said:
How may of you Satellite guys subscribe to Monitoring Times Magazine to keep up with the latest on all aspect of scanning, ham radio, shortwave listening and yes FTA?
mikelib

I used to back in the 90's when the Pro-2006 was still available at RS.

I gave up a few years ago when my spare time turned to FTA rather than shortwave. The internet has kind of rendered magazines obsolete for me anyway -- although you can subscribe to a PDF edition of Monitoring Times and save both money and trees.

I think Monitoring Times needs a free to air section.

Scanners, Ham Radio, Shortwave Radio and FTA all go hand in hand nicely. :)

Anyone friends with Bob Grove? Maybe SatelliteGuys can work with him and open his magazine up to a group of new hobbiests. :D

I think Monitoring Times needs a free to air section.

Scanners, Ham Radio, Shortwave Radio and FTA all go hand in hand nicely. :)

Anyone friends with Bob Grove? Maybe SatelliteGuys can work with him and open his magazine up to a group of new hobbiests. :D

Scott I think something can be done about talking to Bob Grove about a FTA section, and I think that you can be one of the authors. If you want to discuss this further with me, PM me with a phone number and time to call you. I would be happy to go to Brass Town, NC with you to discuss this with Bob Grove.

BTW this past year MT had two FTA articles that highlighted FTA, and satellites are a small topic in the their communication section with updates on any satellie news. These article and satellite news updates are by Ken Reitz KS4ZR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)