Montana PBS moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tim
I’ll go through a few boxes and see what they all show on Montana PBS. Unfortunately, most receivers have different readings so a 75 on a Coolsat may be 60 on a Pansat may be 40 on a Satworks.

Some boxes have a really good tuner in them and some just plain suck.

What you need is a way to attenuate the signal until it breaks up, and then compare the receivers ability at that threshold. I guess an easy way would be to move the dish slightly off the satellite using usals or place a signal obsuring barrier in front of the dish and move it across, perhaps some metal window mesh.

If only you could split the signal in two equal parts, degrade signal signal till breakup, and test two receivers head to head, then swap positions to verify the results.

My signal on 12110,12128 and on 12145 is varying a lot tonight and I have a clear sky. Does anyone Know where the signals are uploaded from and what the weather is there

12110 & 12128 are the national feed so that might be NY or NJ I think

12145 is from Montana (Bozeman or Billings...they have two stations there)

dang man I was just going to hook up the boxes and tell you what the signals came back as. :)

There is a heavy rain shown on the radar around Billings which may explain why I lost Montana for a while, its back now a little weaker than usual but solid.
No weather issues in NY or NJ that I can see but both frequencies weaker than usual, there right on the thresehold for me so it doesn't take mu.ch

Sig qual comparison

Hooked up the 2700a to the loop through of the cs5000. The cs5000 sig usually reads approx 30-37 pts higher than the 2700a. Having both boxes tuned to the same channel through the same feed, noticed that the the cs5000 threshold is around 63 where the 2700a threshold is around the upper 20's depending on the channel. Not very fond of the cs signal meter either, find it misleading. The box as a whole is decent at the least.

Hotrodphil1 said:
Not very fond of the cs signal meter either, find it misleading.

yes that is an understantment. I have a Panst 1500 too and that shows threshold around 30. The Coolsat meter sucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts