Montana PBS on 103W with OpenBox9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

electronmini

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Now back in Texas
Finally I purchased an openbox9 and hooked up to my BUD (6' Diam. in Ontario-Muskoka) and still do not get Montana PBS on 103W.
I have a dual (C and Ku) LNB abd I get a bunch of other channels but cannot get PBS.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

I enter manually the transponder and other data (as per lyngsat data) but does not show up.
I peaked the system but no avail. I can get some PBS on 125W with another dish (39" & Ku) but I would like to the Montana PBS on the C band with the BUD.

Please help, electronmini

Unless I missed something recently Montana PBS is on 125West...not 103W. I'm guessing you would have better luck getting it with the 39" dish. For me anyway the signal is weak.
Blind

I use an old Primestar 3' dish and get the PBS channels but Montana signal is low in Calif. You will find on the other transponders available some Montana programs can be seen. We like Create the best. You need a HD receiver with AC3 audio to receive channels. I use a Sonicview 8000Hd for this service. Will watch 4th of July concert in real time on PBS in HD.

The only PBS on 103W is the HD & SD feed of the national feed.
The rest are on 125W (including Montana, Oklahoma and Louisiana)

As Iceberg already stated Montana PBS is not on C-Band. Here is the official word on the 103W bird from PBS. For what its worth I cannot lock the signal on my six footer either. The PBS transponder is much weaker than ION and others.

C-Band Satellite Service
A High Definition (HD) digital “clear feed” of PBS programming is now available to serve households that use satellite receiving antennas (backyard dishes) to directly access video programming. The PBS Satellite Service features all of PBS's signature prime time series, a twelve hour children's block, and special national programming.

C-Band dish owners can access PBS’s digital clear feed by readily-available digital consumer receivers beginning November 15, 2010. The feed is on Transponder 20 of the AMC-1 satellite located at 103 degrees West Longitude.

Technical parameters of the feed are:

• AMC-1, 103 degrees West Longitude
  • C-Band Transponder 20 (Vertical polarization)
  • DVB-S QPSK modulation
  • Carrier Center Frequency: 4091 Mhz (1059 Mhz L-Band)
  • Symbol rate: 14.028731 Msps
For additional assistance call: 877.727.4144, or send an email to: backyardfeeds@pbs.org.
Satellite Services : FAQs : PBS

I can lock it once in a while on the 6 footer but its a PITA to get....ever since they put up 105W C-Band I've had issues with 103W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts