monthly subscribers opt out of special channels?

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Have any monthly subscribers tried to opt out of getting the"special 4" (hallmark. HM movie, fox news and hgtv). Seems if lifetimers can opt out then those monthly , or yearly people should be able to opt out as well (at a reduced price). After all they are not Christian stations. :eek:

I've asked, but Sky Angel doesn't seem to answer my emails anymore. The only reason I don't like paying for these channels is because I think it contradicts what Sky Angel's statement about Christ-centered, family-friendly, worry-free, television is all about.
I would love an all news channel, but I refuse to watch Foxnews anymore. I admit, I tried all of these channels when they were first added. (Thought I should "trust" Sky Angel's judgement) By the end of the first week, they were all blocked. I did not see much Christ-centered, family-friendly, and definitely not worry-free in these channels. Actually, I did not give HGTV a chance, the others I scoped out and did not like what I saw at all. I didn't even bother with HGTV after that. Although, I'm sometimes skeptical about GTN now too.

~MYB~

I am a life-long sub and as much as I am frustrated by paying for 4 channels when they took 3 channels away from us and have yet to find a way to return them (yes I know about transponder failures etc..) I am going to pay for a year of the 4 channels, I do like HGTV and Fox News so I feel its worth it for those two channels. ( I dont watch Hallmark at all) Maybe the extra few bucks they make will cause them to find a way to return Spirit back to full time status.

HGTV is quite neutral other than the friendliness to "alternative lifestyles" at times and the "astrology designing" junk. Fortunately, that is a small part of the channel.

My wife loves watching it to find decorating/design/building tips.

Brad

lifetime pay, HGTV, future channels and spirit

HGTV is pretty decent but the clothing on some of the girls is less than modest, especially for a christian Satellite.

As for lifetimers paying to get the $ specials. you must realize that you will never see spirit of any other additions for free! More than likely if enough subscribers do give in and pay them any and all additions in the future will be at "extra charge"

I tend to doubt that. I think premium channels are defined as the channels Sky Angel has to pay for. Since they don't have to pay Spirit Television they won't change either.

then why not packages for ALL subscribers?

they clearly do not have a basic and "special" package. just look on their website. Better yet look at the flyers they just sent in the mail offering free vacations if we recommend them! Lifetime subscriptions haven't been offered in several years so they surely knew how many they had when they made the decision to offer the "special 4"

I hope you are right but I can't see sky angel giving us any new channels for free and I expect that the special channels will go up in price within the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)