MOOV is out?

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I get the no signal message when I tune it. Is it happening with others?

V

Videofx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 10, 2004
Sean,

I am getting Video Art on Moov. Nice PQ but not very interesting.

Bill

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
Sean Mota said:
I get the no signal message when I tune it. Is it happening with others?

I sometimes get this message when just flipping channels too quickly. turn off box then turn back on and tune in, you should get it then.

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
GeneWildershair said:
I sometimes get this message when just flipping channels too quickly. turn off box then turn back on and tune in, you should get it then.

I'll try that in a while. I am heading out. Thanks for letting me know that the signal is there.

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Well I just turned to it and it is back. Thanks.

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
Sean Mota said:
I'll try that in a while. I am heading out. Thanks for letting me know that the signal is there.

uh oh better go call VOOM and have your STB replaced! It must be bad, if it's doing what my box sometimes does! ;)

V

Videofx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 10, 2004
My downstairs box has a problem where when you change channels you get a red satellite and the on screen display says no signal. Then 15-30 seconds later I get a green satellite and the picture comes on. It does this 80% of the time.

Bill

G

Gr8Reb8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 8, 2004
Mine does it too now. Get no signal, leave channel, go back 30 seconds later and now signal is there. This happens on both locals and sat channels. Buggy software. :(

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
uh oh...better get that box replaced with a new one that will do the ame thing! ;)

S

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 19, 2003
I sometimes get the No Signal screen as well. I just channel up, channel down with the remote, and the picture returns. It takes 2 seconds and 2 button clicks. Not perfect but no reason to exchange the stb if all else works well.

Shelly

V

Videofx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 10, 2004
Yup, makes no difference if its OTA or sattelite. I thought I was the only one having this problem. Whats strange is I have 2 Voom boxes and the 1 upstairs doent have the problem but my downstairs box does. Go figure. same software version, same settings. :confused:

Bill

S

slffl

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 18, 2003
I find that when I get the 'no signal' message, that all I have to do is switch to another channel and then back again and it usually comes up the second time.

Ilya

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
VOOM seems to be down again! Got stuck around 9:05 PM EST while showing "The Man with a Movie Camera". It is still down. :(

Ilya

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
OK, It's fixed now.

M

MrWhoa

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 14, 2004
wasch_24 said:
Jay,
Am I picking up some sarcasm in your post? :)

Im certainly picking it up and Im getting a signal strenght of 89 and a power of 100 :p