Installed yesterday (V00.05.08)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

animal

Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I had VOOM installed yesterday (4/22/04) and noticed 3 problems:

1) my box appears to have the original software v00.05.08 -- how do I update it?

2) one of my local channels (ch3) is "mapped" (shows up on the zap2it list) but it doesn't show up on my STB menu when I try to switch to it. (channelling down from 4 goes straight to 2 and skips 3)

3) my installer did the convert two cables to one, and convert back to two that has been noted on this board as degrading signal. I don't receive all my OTA signals so I'd like to know what I can do about this.

Thanks -- this is a great forum!

Paul :D

animal said:
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I had VOOM installed yesterday (4/22/04) and noticed 3 problems:

1) my box appears to have the original software v00.05.08 -- how do I update it?

2) one of my local channels (ch3) is "mapped" (shows up on the zap2it list) but it doesn't show up on my STB menu when I try to switch to it. (channelling down from 4 goes straight to 2 and skips 3)

3) my installer did the convert two cables to one, and convert back to two that has been noted on this board as degrading signal. I don't receive all my OTA signals so I'd like to know what I can do about this.

Thanks -- this is a great forum!

Paul :D

I too just subscribed and I too am awaiting update. This occurs overnight and you reportedly need to leave your box powered off in standby mode. I left mine on the past 2 nights and it did not update - tonight I'll try the standby mode. Some report that updates to new boxes happen every night, others say it is every few days.

Voom will map your receiver with all OTA's within a given radius of your location regardless of whether the stealth or other OTA antenna picks them all up. Your installer should have had a map showing which channel is in what direction and distance from your home. I believe that they are only obliged to set up reception to the closest ones. In my case most of the locals are 5 miles away in one direction, but one channel I want is 90 degrees off from that and about 12 miles away - they did not set me up for that but when they come back next week to upgrade me to a 30" dish I'll ask about it. If possible, run another cable and get rid of the duplexer - that should increase dish and OTA signal strengths.

1.Your box will automatically update itself within 48 hours.or you can call voom and have them scheldue a update for you.also you can unplug the receiver for 10 seconds and plug it back in and this may force a download.but dont worry your box will get updated sooner or later
2.The only thing you can do about this is to call voom and have them esclate the problem and have them contact zap2it about the problem.(a software update is scheduled in two weeks that address this long standing issue)
3.I pesonally would have the installer come back out a run two seperate lines.mine has two seperate lines and I get much higher siginals.hope this helps............DIGITAL~DAN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts