More additions

Actually Cox is(or at least was started) owned by nuns.

Cox Enterprises was started by and is still predominantly owned by the Cox sisters Barbara Cox Anthony and Ann Cox Chambers. They are sisters by Birth, not 'Under God'. They are tied for 12 place on the Forbes 400 list of richest people in the world, each having a net worth of over 12.5 billion dollars. Barbara Cox Anthony, The 400 Richest Americans - Forbes.com & Anne Cox Chambers, The 400 Richest Americans - Forbes.com for the Forbes Bios on them.

Geoff

"There is really only one that I am looking for is Nickelodeon and I do watch the occasional MTV and VH1"

You aren't missing anything really. Those three Viacom channels (offered currently on DirecTV) don't offer much, if any, HD yet.

I am really looking for Nickelodeon as well. :) It will save me literally half my Satellite bill each month, because that is the only channel that is stopping me from switching to the HD Only plan. My kids watch a lot of Nick shows, and I haven't had the heart to leave them out on the lurch. The only other channel I watch that isn't in HD is Comedy Central, and now that Hulu has Daily Show and Colbert Report episodes streaming online, I no longer need that channel.

So give me Nickelodeon, and I will be switching to the HD Only plan. It doesn't matter if there is not much HD on it, I don't care, the kids will still be able to watch their shows, and I will save a ton of money.

I am really looking for Nickelodeon as well. :) It will save me literally half my Satellite bill each month, because that is the only channel that is stopping me from switching to the HD Only plan. My kids watch a lot of Nick shows, and I haven't had the heart to leave them out on the lurch. The only other channel I watch that isn't in HD is Comedy Central, and now that Hulu has Daily Show and Colbert Report episodes streaming online, I no longer need that channel.

So give me Nickelodeon, and I will be switching to the HD Only plan. It doesn't matter if there is not much HD on it, I don't care, the kids will still be able to watch their shows, and I will save a ton of money.

Your reasoning makes sense. I wonder, at what point will Dish do away with that HD only plan (they never had it when I was a subscriber but I would have subscribed to that)? Eventually, all popular SD channels will have an HD counterpart. Dish certainly wouldn't offer everything in HD only for the lower price. They'll either do away with it or raise the price significantly.

Actually Cox is(or at least was started) owned by nuns.

Cox Communications is owned by Cox enterprises which was started by James Middleton Cox. The same James Middleton Cox who served as governor of Ohio and who ran for president in 1920with some guy named Franklin Roosevelt as his running mate. Where in the world are you getting this story about nuns?

BTW the two sisters referred to above were two of his three heirs they did not found the company either

Last edited:
UMMM I already said, thanks.

I am sorry I did not see your post. Interestingly the other story was off too but we all make mistakes---and i am part of the club since I did not see your second post.

I'm lookin also now on other options, Fios is commin end of June where I'm at, so i'll be lookin to them, to me my big HD complaint now is no Harrisburg, pa locals, I e-mailed Dish awhile back(few months ago) and they said end of year I would have them, but according to the charlie chat, Harrisburg wasn't even on the list for this year, they have til end of june to tell me if this changes, or I'm off to Fios
I am also in the HBG, PA DMA and I email Dish every few weeks asking for a status update for Harrisburg, PA HD Locals since it is never listed in the Charlie Chats. I've never heard a reply or received any explanation of why Dish isn't providing HD Locals here.

Hopefully they'll come through sooner than later...

I am very much with you, I have Harrisburg PA locals and I want them in HD, but none says anything about them. What sucks is Directv has them.

I am also in the HBG, PA DMA and I email Dish every few weeks asking for a status update for Harrisburg, PA HD Locals since it is never listed in the Charlie Chats. I've never heard a reply or received any explanation of why Dish isn't providing HD Locals here.

Hopefully they'll come through sooner than later...

I had talked with someone in the know on another site, and they told me there is contract issues with the locals in this area, and he didn't see them being added this year, thats all he would say, one wierd thing about it is, I don't buy that cuz every carrier in this area has local HD except for Dish Net, you'd think they would have had the same contract issues, i think Dish just drops the ball like they usually do on everything, cuz you never hear a clear answer on why Harrisburg won't have locals in HD anytime soon

It really is weird, and it sucks I called and said I am actually closer to Baltimore than Harrisburg can I have their locals they said no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)