More Bad News HBO sues echostar

FYI, Dish ALREADY lost the lawsuit by Tivo, now they're appealing the loss. :rolleyes:

Keep trying with those pom poms, though. They look good on you.:up

but they secured a PERMANENT INJUNCTION so Tivo cant collect , while the appeals process continues

The permanent injunction wwas granted to Tivo. Echostar then obtaineda stay of that permanent injunction.

I am thinking of paying my early termination fee and jumping to D*. It seems you get a lot more bang for your buck from them. The only thing I like more on E* is the VOOM, that's it. Now D* has the MLB as well as the NFL. Hell they have Sedanta too. Why should I stay with D*? Between $$$ and Sports, D* seems to have more. The lawsuits and such, man they are digging there own grave.

HD is why you stay with Dish right now. The scene may be different come the end of 2007, but right now Dish blows D* out of the water in terms of HD.

On a related issue...

This is the only public document on file stemming from EchoStar's FCC program access complaint filed against HBO, DA1-06-2481, filed on November 15, 2006. Needless to say, all disputed matters are highly sensitive and will be treated as such. I could not find the original complaint letter filed by Echostar, which would have made for interesting reading.

Attachments

• DA-06-2481A1.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 128
I sub to HBO and Cinemax..along all the other premium channels..if echostar loses HBO and Cinemax..then i must go with DTV..i can't live without HBO.
If you can't live w/o HBO then you need to get a life. For gosh sakes, it's just a frigging TV network, not the second coming of Christ. Maybe you should try reading a book.

Along a similar line...I noticed an article titled, "JUDGE ADDS MORE DAMAGES IN TIVO CASE" in Friday's Satellite Satellite Business News (subscription required), but I was unable to find a press release or anything in the mainstream news media. This is big news in my opinion since the damages and interest were already over 90 million when awarded last spring. Does anyone have the details? I wonder if Tivo is being awarded damages for each ViP622 being installed?

I know the old lady would be pissed if she missed Rome, I however would be ecstatic as this second season is a very poor follow up to the first. I like how Echostar claims to be trying to protect me from unfair prices, they should talk to DirecTV if they to understand fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts