More Bad News HBO sues echostar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kenny9966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Stillwater Oklahoma
Hopefully links are alrite, Read all about it here
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6409241.html?display=Breaking+News
I wonder if this has anything to do with Dish network not mentioning cinemax on its website for the past few months?Maybe the time-warner court tv has something to do with this. Hopefully echostar knows what its doing cause news has not been good the past few months. ive had dish for 8 years and it seems to me its degrading sadly. I dont know the creditably of this report is but if its true thats pretty bad.

hmm maybe thats the reason hbo is so much higher on dish than my local cable company and direct tv.I dont even want to think about hbo being dropped from dish the results well they wouldnt be pretty.

I would not miss HBO :) I do not subscribe to the premiums. When I want to watch movies there is Netflix.

i just recently subbed to netflix actually. ive spent hours searching on their site and i could spend more i havent even gotten any movies yet and i already love it.HBO does have alot of great stuff and i dont want it to go away.

I don't sub to HBO either, but I don't wnat to see it go away from Dishnet. It would be a great problem. Howevr I don't really see it happening. THey will work out something.

I sub to HBO and Cinemax..along all the other premium channels..if echostar loses HBO and Cinemax..then i must go with DTV..i can't live without HBO.

the question is can a dbs provider survive without hbo? surely they would lose alot of other channels that hbo owns and i really think they wouldnt last long without those contracts. Im sure something will be done but it looks like this has been going on for awhile.corruption maybe? dish has been great to me at least but i dunno this definately has me thinking.

A service provider today without HBO would be a joke IMO. Even cheap motels have HBO. I have little interest in pay TV, but I think it would be hard for many to take dish network seriously if they couldn't even hold on to pay tv channels.

I subscribe to HBO and Cinemax in a package deal. If Dish were to stop carrying them, I would probably stay. I don't know of any single station that would cause me to change providers. It's not that I am a fan of Dish. I just don't value a single channel (or group of channels that show essentially the same thing) enough to justify the switch.

If they dropped a number of channels that we watch, we would re-evaluate this. I'm still waiting for them to make ESPN a subscription channel so I could drop them. I don't think I'll hold my breath. :)

HBO is a must. If it is gone, then so am I - no question. We lived in a condo complex is the nineties that only had Showtime and the Movie channel on their proprietary system. It was a miserable experience and won't be repeated. I would consider it a breach of contract between myself and DISH if this channel were no longer available - just sayin'

The real issue to me is here we go again with the damned lawsuits. I'm sure HBO made several attempts to settle this issue with E* before filing the suit and again E* plays hardball. Money that could and should be used to improve the service is again being diverted to line lawyer's pockets.
I'm beginning to believe that Charlie really wanted to be an attorney or a judge because the court room is where he loves to spend his time and money.

Well all the movie channels charge about the same on all TV providers. Overall allot of the movie channels are hurting due to folks aren't subscribing due to things come out on DVD so fast now. Which makes sense due to HBO,Showtime all of them show things that are so old. It cheaper and better just to rent and see newer movies.

The real issue to me is here we go again with the damned lawsuits. I'm sure HBO made several attempts to settle this issue with E* before filing the suit and again E* plays hardball. Money that could and should be used to improve the service is again being diverted to line lawyer's pockets.
I'm beginning to believe that Charlie really wanted to be an attorney or a judge because the court room is where he loves to spend his time and money.

I agree...the real issue is not the movie channels themselves but once again, E*'s business practices are being called into question. Another lawsuit...does that mean another price increase?

I'm pleased with the service but how many times can one company be sued for unlawful practices and still be considered viable....and its not like they are exonerated....Charlie just finds some loophole and keeps on moving.

I mean...not paying your bills on time? C'mon man....

I am currently a TWC subscriber. I know I want to dump them and go DBS. At first I was assuming I'd go E*. The more I read here, frankly, the more I think I really want D*. I don't want to be with a company that jacks around with their providers for a nickel or dime, and gets sued by them, and gets their programming cut off. I don't want to be with a company that skates past the distant-networks regulations and gets caught, then tries to stonewall in the courts and gets burned.

I also was told E* was cheaper than D*. From what I can tell, 'tain't so, at least at the premium tiers where I want to be. With the new pricing both have announced, D* is equal or cheaper than E* for a package that has all premium channels plus HD plus DVR.

The only thing that still attracts me to E* is the ViP622 DVR. I like the OTA support, the ability to add an external drive, the two-TV output, and the upcoming ability to connect to the Internet and download programs (this would hopefully substitute for the On-Demand feature I like with cable). I think D* is still behind in the DVR race.

When you're behind on your bill Charlie doesn't waste any time turning off your service.
HBO should turn off their service until Dish pays up. Give Charlie a taste of his own medicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)