682 - WORD
702 - OVATION

More new channels seem to be mapped now:
X4-703 BCN
X4-780 SNBC
X4-720 G4TV
X4-411,412,413,414 Fox Sports
GB-803 Mav TV

I do not no who will be selling them, must be SRL or NPS, I don't think they are selling them yet though.

Yes thats true, there are a few DCII channels in the clear, and with all the analog wildfeeds, it makes you wonder why anyone would dump big dish and go to small?

More C-Band Losses - Big Dish Total Stands at 224K

In April, C-Band suffered yet another subscriber loss: 8,306 net de-authorizations.

The number was reported Monday by the Access Control Center operated by Motorola, which is in charge of overseeing authorizations and de-authorizations for the big dish. As of the end of April, C-Band had a cumulative subscriber count of 224,398.

For more information on C-Band, visit http://www.4dtv.com .

From Sky Retailer May 4, 2005

I have a very strong feeling it was YSP that talked these analog only users to go to dish network. Instead of talking them into a 4dtv, well why would they since dish network owns them :( very sad to see the best system ever used slowly slowly fade away.

At this rate it will only take a few years before they almost have no more customers. I would think that there is a threshold that C-Band would reach to where they would quit losing subscribers and perhaps might start gaining a few.

I'm thinking that some of these de-authorizations are a result of the hardware malfunctioning and switching over to the smaller dish since its cheaper while the rest switch over for the offers, more channels, and ease of use.

I think C-band will eventually die out in the near future....

The only news we keep getting is based on deactivations in great numbers every time they release a report. I think that in a few years that C-band will solely be a commercialized programming seller for DBS and cable companies and not a provider for personal use.

Well in reality, fixing the big dish or upgrading it, is cheaper than any small dish or cable system, and with a fullview system, you get way way more channels than any other system to date, you need to relize that dish network bought out the biggest C-band provider and have been talking doom and gloom for years trying to get people to dump the bud, because these company's know that with the bud, you get higher quality, at a lower cost, and if it goes away, then you have no choice but to pay the big bucks, I got one year for every channel I care to watch, and paid $230.96 with small dish to get the channels I want I would need to pay about $79 a month.

I would get a big dish again if I could see the entire arc. :(

I miss my cband dish.

Thanks Tdti for the updates! Please keep them coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)