More channels on X4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
This may be old, but i have notices more channels on G4 KU band "X4" in Digicipher 2. They are mapped into my DSR-905.

In addition to the normal X4 KU band stuff i am seeing cinemax and hbo feeds.
They are scrambled on X4.

I am authorized to receive them on G-1 through NPS.

Does anyone think we are starting to see some type of 4DTV single satellite channel package emerging?

I believe it would sure bring the 4DTV world a lot of business using a 30" fixed dish to be able to receive high quality HBO and Max channels with the others that are already on X4, plus the music feeds.

a Dsr-922 on a 30" dish with a .3KU lnbf would bring in quality not ever seen on pizza pan tv systems.:D

truckracer said:
This may be old, but i have notices more channels on G4 KU band "X4" in Digicipher 2. They are mapped into my DSR-905.

In addition to the normal X4 KU band stuff i am seeing cinemax and hbo feeds.
They are scrambled on X4.

I am authorized to receive them on G-1 through NPS.

Does anyone think we are starting to see some type of 4DTV single satellite channel package emerging?

I believe it would sure bring the 4DTV world a lot of business using a 30" fixed dish to be able to receive high quality HBO and Max channels with the others that are already on X4, plus the music feeds.

a Dsr-922 on a 30" dish with a .3KU lnbf would bring in quality not ever seen on pizza pan tv systems.:D

I read that it was SRL getting them mapped for those who are not able to get Galaxy-15 in other countrys, yes it would be neat to sub with a Ku only dish and 4dtv, for those who can't put the bud up, though they would need to put the maps and autorization on Ku-band, and there is not any at this time, also there will be no guide.

I've seen some of those mappings on X4, seems like I've seen a few odd ones on some cband birds too. It would make sense to do what your suggesting and put up a KU only 4dtv service to compete with pizza. I don't think the picture would be any better though. Aren't all the master feeds on cband? I think the stuff on X4 is being retransmitted. At least the X4 picture seems kind of soft compared to the other birds. The picture is okay, but I don't think it's any better than pizza.

It could be the new AT&T mux which they will be using to roll out their new IPTV service (the video is downlinked and encoded locally at each AT&T office this way people subscribing to their new IPTV service get their video locally and are not subject to network congestion of trying to view video from a far away location over the internet.

iammike said:
I've seen some of those mappings on X4, seems like I've seen a few odd ones on some cband birds too. It would make sense to do what your suggesting and put up a KU only 4dtv service to compete with pizza. I don't think the picture would be any better though. Aren't all the master feeds on cband? I think the stuff on X4 is being retransmitted. At least the X4 picture seems kind of soft compared to the other birds. The picture is okay, but I don't think it's any better than pizza.

The HITS feeds look better than the pizza pans, but not much better.

x4 feeds

Ok, so the x4 feeds are just re-uplinks from the master broadcasts on c-band.
I was hoping they were simulcasted from the master uplink centers making the KU band signals masters as well.

After looking again it does appear the picture is a bit "soft" compared to HBO/MAX
on G1

If it makes you feel better, I like your avatar a lot better than Scott's. Can you make her do the 3D stuff too? :D

truckracer said:
Ok, so the x4 feeds are just re-uplinks from the master broadcasts on c-band.
I was hoping they were simulcasted from the master uplink centers making the KU band signals masters as well.

After looking again it does appear the picture is a bit "soft" compared to HBO/MAX
on G1

The HITS (headend in the sky) feeds are not the master feeds, NPS and SRL have worked out deals to get channels from the HITS platform

Info about HITS can be had from there website.
http://www.hits.com/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)