More classic tv coming to Minneapolis :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Bergie (and assuming other Twin Citians) very happy :)

Was flipping through the TV and saw a preview for a new station with classic TV shows coming Thursday 6/14.

Yup.....Antenna TV coming to Minneapolis :D :D
(if you havent followed along I have asked for this channel since it launched and was scrambled on big dish)
Looks like Hubbard Broadcasting (the same folks who started USSB back in the day) is coming through for us. They own both the ABC and an Independent station in town and are "subchannel friendly". Currently they have MeTV and This TV. They're adding Antenna TV too

So for folks in Minneapolis it will be as such
5-1 KSTP ABC (RF35)
5-3 MeTV (RF45)
5-4 Antenna TV (RF45)
5-45 KSTC45 Ind. (RF45)
45-5 reruns of news and shows (RF35)
5-6 ThisTV (RF45)

So thats 1 720p and 3 480i stations on 45 so hopefully they use enough bandwidth. Now I know some people will say "oh the C-Band feed looks much better than a local feed" and you're right. But here are 2 facts that make the OTA version better for me
-I dont have to move the big dish out and peak it (for this and me) :)
-Antenna TV is scrambled on big dish.......so something is better than nothing ;)

Sanford and Son
Benny Hill
The 3 Stooges
WKRP

AWESOME!!!!

Congrats ice! what he said:
so something is better than nothing
** roger that!!

We got antenna on a sub somewhere down here, out of Huntsville, I think, I flip through it once in a while but never watched anything on it. They're not doing a good job with it OTA here, though. Every time I have seen it-it looks like a cheap VHS tape being played. But free is free, more choice is good.

I checked out the guide for that one turbo and it looks like the CBS is using that to put other programming on it too. So that might be why

Sounds like ours will be a passthrough of the national feed except for some commercials (they do that right now on MeTV and ThisTV)

I have to edit something in my post. A guy who works at KSTP posted at avs that the changes are different

5-1 KSTP ABC (RF35)
5-2 KSTC45 Ind (RF45...moving from 5-45)
5-3 MeTV (RF45)
5-4 Antenna TV (RF45)
5-5 vacant
5-6 ThisTV (RF45)

45-5 reruns of news and shows (RF35) is gone and isnt coming back. They also might add Live Well on 5-7.

well Live Well is coming too....soon. per the guy at Hubbard it will be a slate until they launch it

For those of you that are curious:
5-1 KSTP @ 720p on RF 35
5-2 KSTC @ 720p on RF 45
5-3 MeTv @ 480i on RF 45
5-4 AntennaTv @ 480i on RF 45
5-5 Reserved
5-6 ThisTv @ 480i on RF 45
5-7 LiveWell (future) @ 720P on RF 35 (much of the nature programming is 720p and we want to pass that along as 720p but will adjust as required when sports are on 5-1)

Iceberg said:
well Live Well is coming too....soon. per the guy at Hubbard it will be a slate until they launch it

For those of you that are curious:
5-1 KSTP @ 720p on RF 35
5-2 KSTC @ 720p on RF 45
5-3 MeTv @ 480i on RF 45
5-4 AntennaTv @ 480i on RF 45
5-5 Reserved
5-6 ThisTv @ 480i on RF 45
5-7 LiveWell (future) @ 720P on RF 35 (much of the nature programming is 720p and we want to pass that along as 720p but will adjust as required when sports are on 5-1)

What nature programming? We get LWN here and it's 3 hrs of home improvement/food programming in the morning then 3 hours of paid programming, a replay of the local news, another 3 hrs of home improvement / food type programming, a couple more hours of paid programming and then a rehash of that schedule overnight. I looked at the guide for all 7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I took that part directly from what someone from the station posted....so dont shoot the messanger

I'm just jealous. Would rather have Me or Antenna, instead we got LWN. At least we still have have RTV and thisTv.

LWN does a terrible job of trying to be a very very cheap knock off of Ion Life

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

we also have Country Network and Cool TV as subchannels on CW (Sinclair owns it).

LWN does a terrible job of trying to be a very very cheap knock off of Ion Life
I've read its kinda like that.

Hello Antenna TV :)

talk about a "flash cut"....at noon exactly the TV looked like it did a reboot as it updated the PSIP for the stations

yup love it already

they dont do "random cuts" for commercials in weird spots (like other networks do). They cut for commercial where its suppose to be
shows I havent seen in a while on there
NO BUG IN THE CORNER!!!!

The only thing I didnt like is about 20 seconds into the beginning of each top and bottom of the hour the local affiliate puts their ID on. At least on MeTV when it says "Your watching MeTV" that is where the ID goes. Antenna TV gets a "KSTC DTV Minneapolis St Paul" about 20 seconds in the show for like 6-7 seconds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts