More Commercials on METV, Less Content

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is getting testy, and I'm getting real pissed. Anymore of you guys want to tell me to shut-up??? All you guys are doing is making me mad, and if your smart, you guys will shut-up. I think a more friendly approach works better, at least with me. Don't worry. If we lose FTA stations, it won't be because of me. I'm not some newbie moron whose new to C-Band, and FTA. I was getting FTA is 2002 with a Pan Sat 330. I fully understand that bad things can happen when TV stations realize people are getting their station for free, especially when the station starts getting established. I understand calling attention to the fact you are receiving their signal for nothing can backfire.

Richard

Richard

Richard

richy , I understand your frustration, I think we both came to the same conclusion at about the same time, regarding the original post you made. I've decided not to worry with trying to record any of the shows I might see on fta channels unless it is absolutely not available for sale on dvd anywhere. The shows you enjoy and want original-length copies of-you'd just be better off buying them if possible. That's what I'm going to do.

Turbosat,

I think there is a whole bunch record on FTA right now. RTV, and their sister stations are airing a lot of their shows with minimal editing. Rockford, Kojak, I Spy at 49 minutes is good enough for me, especially these days. Let's hope that doesn't change. They also have a lot of good stuff you'll never see whole series on DVD, such as Robin Hood, Ironside, McCloud, Delvecchio. O'Hara, Run For your Life, Mickey Spillane, Shotgun Slade, Judge Roy Bean, and a lot more. I have a feeling they will be making some changes in the next quarter to their line-up, so I'd record their stuff before it disappears forever. METV is down to about 45-46 minutes per hour, with a lot of misplaced commercial breaks. I still can't believe how quickly they added 5 minutes of commercial time. They grew too fast, too soon, and I only recorded a tiny fraction of their fine stuff. I get Antenna Tv free on antenna, and they will be adding Burns and Allen next week. They claim to have over 200 episodes, and that also will never be on DVD. They are starting in B&A's third season, cc 1952.

Richard

If you want to vent, maybe get a webmail/disposable email address and complain but tell them you get Metv on an ota channel. I doubt if they'll do anything.

I understand stations need to make a buck to stay afloat but where does it end?
In 10 years I could see a 30 minute show will contain about 15 minutes of actual entertainment. Classics will suffer the most: crucial bits of story and character unceremoniously cut out, with no thought to the writers or actors.not to mention an oversized station bug and three advertisements in each corner

Status
Please reply by conversation.