Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have received word from my DirecTV contact that on Monday DirecTV will make some huge announcement's which I am told will make Charlie Ergens head spin.

No clues were given, but I am told this would be some major news.

Guess we will see on Monday!

Great

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have received word from my DirecTV contact that on Monday DirecTV will make some huge announcement's which I am told will make Charlie Ergens head spin.

GREAT - HOPE ITS MORE HD CHANNEL NEWS.

One more spin and Charlies head may screw right off!!!! :clap

Scott Greczkowski said:

I hope this is the case. I will be anxiously awaiting to check in on Monday for sure.

~Alan

Maybe he will be doing away with the dvr fees as well as no additional reciever fees if you sub to Total choice premeir pack. That would certainly screw Charlie since he has added all kinds of new fees. I would love Rupert to add presure on to Charlie to lose all these cable like fees. :p

Scott Greczkowski said:

If you get any hints please pass them on... ;)

Now if D* would bring out a Superstion package like E* has or at least make a virtual UPN channel available to us subs who do not have a local full time UPN, this would make a switch to D* for me a no brainer and a no pain decision , however I know this is just wishfulthinking on my part :shrug: .

That is one major reason why I have not switched to DirecTv yet, because they have no superstations, but now not only that they do not have my locals YET, supposed to get them later this year, and it should come with WB, and not require these expensive SuperDishes.

I do not know how they are about the phoneline rule because that would be a problem for someone without a phone. Dish does not seem to be so strict about it even though they sent those letters out they still said I did not have to have them connected and noted it in my account because of the no phone issue. I have heard that DirecTv is more strict about the phonelines and that they will automatically shut off if they are not connected especially if you have many receivers on the account.

I would hate to be allowed to have them without having to have a phone and then later in the one year agreement them try to tell me that I would have to connect them up or else, right in the middle of a contract with them. Why should I have to pay a phone bill each month just to satisfy them? That is another $20 or so a month right there that I am NOT willing to pay, I pay enough already. If I have to pay anymore I wont have the service. Cable does not require a phone line, heck there is no additional monthly fees or no box needed in the rooms you just want analog cable in. No wonder why so many stick with cable. At this rate there will be many if not most customers that satellite companies will not get because of these such things. People have cell phones and cable/wireless/satellite internet service and you can get phone service through your internet service now (unless its satellite).

This is why I decided to stay with Dish Network. Not only that but they allow you to prepay for one year and get a month free, and you can get adult channels annually as well where you cannot with DirecTv unless its just Playboy.

Stargazer said:
I do not know how they are about the phoneline rule because that would be a problem for someone without a phone. Dish does not seem to be so strict about it even though they sent those letters out they still said I did not have to have them connected and noted it in my account because of the no phone issue. I have heard that DirecTv is more strict about the phonelines and that they will automatically shut off if they are not connected especially if you have many receivers on the account./QUOTE]

It's been years since I've had DirecTV instead of Pegasus, but we have two receivers, and neither of them are hooked up to the phoneline. The only thing they did was cut off our ability to order PPV which we never order anyway.

~Alan

Scott, hopefully this source has read the last few tips you got from E* that promissed all the great new info that turned out to be crap. ;)

The superstation thing would be cool as that is the one thing my wife does not like about our impending switch to D* but I doubt that will happen.

Hopefully it will be good.

Wonder if it has anything to do with why I suddenly got waivers for all nationals after being denied before?

BTW I don't expect to hear anything back until Monday afternoon.

But as soon as I hear something I WILL post it here. :)

How many receivers do DirecTv allow you to have on an account? I do not order PPV, I do not even get to watch that many movies. By the time I watch all my regular shows from the DVR Events screen that I had previously recorded I am lucky to have time to watch any movies. They are nice to watch when nothing else comes on. I am afraid if I would go and watch movies all the time that I would end up seeing most of the ones I want to watch and that they would end up being repeats and nothing new on, like some customers had told me in the past. I do not watch that much sports either although sometimes I will watch some baseball games on TBS or the world series or the SuperStations.

Scott Greczkowski said:

A chicken in every pot, and an HD Tivo in every home! :yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.