More DirecTV Big Happenings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My Uncle said no one at the company can talk about it as there are Insider trading laws.

I guess no one wants to go to jail like the Martha Stewart trial.

I bet with Martha on the new, more and more source will not say anything.

Its too risky.

Direct and Dish are both publicly traded companies.

Most of the time the press releases go out BEFORE or AFTER market close.

A buyout of Pegasus makes a lot of sense to me which would explain the insider trader concerns. Pegasus territories are a D* weakness at this time when it comes to competing with E*, if D* buys the Pegasus territories it would eliminate that biggest weakness.

Adding some of the Sports pack channels to TC+ would make this package even more attractive to some compared to AT180, however to get TMC which is also included in AT180 you would still need to add the the Showtime Unlimited pack and to get the Encore channels which is also included in AT180 you would still need to add the Starz Super Pack, adding more sports to TC+ would not make Charlie's head spin, he probably would not even notice.

Another possibility is that D* is going to announce their latest hardware promotion, which has already been rumored to be a Free D*DVR w/Tivo or D*HD receiver upgrades. Not earth shattering but would match the E* new customer promotions.

I too doubt their will be any new HD channel announcements tomorrow except possibly the Fox HD in O&O markets because 7s needs to go up first to make room for more HDTV channels or even any new SDTV channels beyond maybe 1 or 2 new SD channels. Making WWOR available to markets that do not have a local UPN would be nice since NewsCorp owns this station, this could possibly happen but by itself would not be Charlie head spinning news. Also their is a rumor of D* going to a $4.99 Flat fee mirror charge for all additional receivers on an account, this would be nice if true.

What would be truly a Charlie head spinning announcement on Monday is if D* would announce all or most of the above :) .

Mirror Fee

ericg said:
Are they ending the mirror fee AND giving me Home Media Option for FREE on my 3 HDVR2s??
I do know they are looking at that issue like VOOM an additional $5.00 account fee not per box fee.

Do you really think they are looking at the mirroring fee? If they waive this, then what good is the recent rate hike? I will be shocked to see such a move as my net bill would decrease 12 bucks (15 dollars in receivers minus 3 dollar rate hike).

jabroni said:
Do you really think they are looking at the mirroring fee? If they waive this, then what good is the recent rate hike? I will be shocked to see such a move as my net bill would decrease 12 bucks (15 dollars in receivers minus 3 dollar rate hike).

I suspect that the majority of D* subs have no more then 2 receivers, which means if D* went to a flat rate mirror fee it would not effect the rate on many subs, however this would make them more competitive with cable and the 2 tuner receivers from E* which may bring in enough additional subs to make up for lost revenue from subs with 3 or more receivers on their account. Plus with a flat rate mirror charge, D* may sell more ppv movies and some multi-receiver subs may add an additional premium or go to a larger package which may help offset lost revenues from not charging the mirror fee for 3+ receivers.

OK, Chris, I hope you are are right. I can find something else to spend 12 bucks a month on! LOL

I still will be shocked to hear this announcement.

Perhaps HD Tivo/DVR for a bit cheaper than the $999 price that Dish wants for their 921. Maybe even a TV/HD DVR combo deal like Dish has for a bit cheaper. If the DVR is cheaper and the TV is too then perhaps the combination could kill the price that Dish wants for theirs. If they have an HD DVR for $500 they could probably have a tv town in for another $500 making the price of the combo the price of what the 921 is alone. That is like throwing in the tv. Perhaps they will market it as a free HD DVR with the purchase of the tv or a free tv with the purchase of the HD DVR. This would most definitely make Charlie RED, and along with that many more HD offerings in which I read in another post.

I was going to announce a price decrease but I dont think that is going to happen. Why? Because DirecTv announced a price increase, not a price decrease.

pradike said:
based on a call I got from D*TV Friday, I bet the "big announcement" is the inclusion of a new "sports package" within the "plus package. That is, if you have the "plus package, they'll now include a number of sports channels (like the golf channel, etc.) for "free". That will seem to offset the price increase, since DISH can't match it.

Oh great. MORE sports on DirecTV. How about adding something for us that don't LIKE sports. :mad:

SlicerMDM said:
Hmm.. I think D* has video of Charlie pulling pranks on his customers. This new D* exclusive "reality" channel will show behind-the-scenes footage from Charlie Chats and some of his most popular scams: SuperDish, 921, 721 bug fixing, etc. :D

LOL! It'll be called "Crazy Charlie the Prankster" See Charlie use his customers as unwitting beta testers! Watch the fun as hidden cameras record the expressions of anxious customers when they plug in their new 921s and they get 1 of 4 hallarious surprises! 1. It doesn't turn on. 2. ALL the options are greyed out with the message 'for use with future software upgrade'. 3. It just stays on the 'searching for satellite signal' screen no matter what you do. 4.The only channels that show up are Charlie Chats, Shopping channels, PI channels, and multiple feeds of Bingo TV! Candid Camera has nothing on this show, because the subjects are never let in on the gag! The fun never stops!

:yes

Still nothing yet.

I have heard from some of me other DirecTV contact to not expect anything until at least after 4 pm. I guess there is some big confrence call going on in corporate letting them know about the news.

I have got a LOT of emails and PM's asking me what the big secret it.

AGAIN I DO NOT KNOW!

I have gone out on a limb here to post this news that big news was coming, as I trust my source VERY much, infact 100% of what has been fed to me from this source has been correct. I do believe that this source will come through for me again. :)

Will Charlies head spin? I can't say, but we should find out soon. :)

When today is the announcement? The mention of insider trading rules does make you think of a deal with another company. If they do buy out Pegasus, I wonder if they'll do the same for all the NRTC providers. It does make sense for D* to deal directly with their customers instead of through another company. Don't know if that's enough to make Charlie's head spin, though.

Maybe they're buying voom? That'll allow them to double or triple their HD right away with a two dish solution.
Just biding my time until we hear the news. Glad I didn't commit to another year with E*. It's nice being a free agent :D

Is that 4pm Easter time zone or the time zone on the west coast where they are located?

Based on the timing it looks like they are trying to time it after the stock market closes. The NYSE closes at 4pm eastern. So, one would have to assume it is something to do with stock... a buyout/merger (pegasus/voom)?... Earnings news (like sales went through the roof)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)