More DirecTV Big Happenings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well Earinings call is next wednesday. Maybe a pre-announcement. Not typical this late, but possible. Should be interesting-----

Well so far I have heard nothing. I have tried calling my contact and am told they are still on a confrence call.

Sorry about the outtage earlier, seems as though TOO MANY people were trying to get online and our site was taken offline because it was TOO Busy. I am already working on a solution for this issue.

I have gotten some email from people like Ken H from AVSForums who has said his contacts say there are no planned HD announcements for today. I never said what the announcement would be about as I don't know myself.

I am not trying to string anyone along with this news, I am just trusting my contact who has been VERY good to me in getting me DirecTV news in the past who told me he would have some big news for me today.

I have nothing to gain in stringing anyone along.

Again when I hear something I will post it.

Thanks!

Well guys nothing yet...

I am sorry. Again when I hear something I will post it.

I am off to bed now. I will update the main page when I hear something.

That is true. It may not be good news at all. But then again if that is the case then why would that make Charlie's face red and everyone's head spin? Because Charlie did not think of it first and that people would get very upset that their head would be spinning out of control?

Stargazer said:
That is true. It may not be good news at all. But then again if that is the case then why would that make Charlie's face red and everyone's head spin? Because Charlie did not think of it first and that people would get very upset that their head would be spinning out of control?
There is always something positive in a news release. IIRC they cut costs and promise more services -- whether or not they can DELIVER is the question.

It is easier to deliver on the negative side of a press release ... layoffs. It is harder to turn layoffs into profits.

JL

Cyclone said:
Wow that makes my head spin.
Don't forget Charlie's face red. Boy I hope that wasn't it after all that fanfair. :no News, yes. Big Happenings no. Who cares if I can now send a bill to one faceless corporation instead of another.

The Verizon news was announced last week. Scott's source specifically said there were "conference calls" going on late yesterday pertaining to whatever the new tidbit is, so anything that was released last week or over the weekend obviously isn't it. Indeed, if it's something involving another company, there could be all sorts of things holding up finalization or announcements... and if it ultimately falls through, we may never know what might have been.

But we can be sure it isn't something that was already announced prior to yesterday, e.g. Verizon or the recent organizational restructuring.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)