Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
4 channels of HD will come live on 7/27 as currently slated

3 of cinemax

HBO
505 HBO2 west

Also the Max2go iphone/ipad/andriod app will be out 08/1/11

I'm happy for those that subscribe to those premiums, but it doesn't do much for the rest of us.
I just hope once they run out of premium HD, they'll concentrate on the other national HD channels that are missing.

IOW, still no new HD for well over two years now.

Sent from my Samgung GALAXY tablet using SatelliteGuys

Well as far as premium HD Directv will have that covered. As far as "basic" well they are missing some in that area and depending on your interest that number may vary

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Last edited:
Well as far as premium HD Directv will have that covered. As far as "basic" well they are missing some in that area and depending on your interest that number may vary

Yes, thats the issue with HD channels at this point, while ALL addl. HD channels is a Good thing, D* has to look at it as a Bigger Picture and ask, Will this channel be a substantial addition to the line up.

There are a few that most want, but there are a lot of channels left that I may or may not like (not me personally, someone ripped me last time I use this type of analogy) and someone else does, so it's a balancing act at this point.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with what we have, I don't think there are many channels that I watch that are not in HD at this point, BBCA is about the only one, and I don't watch alot on that channel, but I do some. (Star Trek NG is one, I wonder if that would go to HD or not actually)

Im more or less happy as well. I have the premiums so I was quite happy with this and the last round. As far as nationals go, if D* had E-HD AMC-HD DIY-HD History I-HD BBC-HD, I.D.-HD, Nat Geo Wild-HD my line up would be complete. Maybe someday. But all in all im happy.

I see that amc iis going to start airing mad men from he begining on Sunday's next week. I have never seen the show so this is a good time to see what's it's like. If i like though I am sure i will be saying, only if it was I hd :)

106 ESPN3D - Now Full Time
505 HB2wHD
520 5MAXHD
521 WMAXHD
523 @MAXHD

This brings HBO and Cinemax to 8 HD channels each.

So ESPN3D, what will it have? Everything ESPN has or is it its own programming feed?

It's its own programming feed with live events mixed in. They'll have the X-Games starting tomorrow and then the Little league World Series. They've been pretty good with Friday Night Fights the past few weeks.

S~

Sweet, the Little League WS should be fun to watch in 3D.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts