More HD is here!

So that's why they took off 2 channels form the Dish Latino Lineup?

For HD channels that we don't even have in the Latino packages?

:mad:

We TV HD [128] is in Dish Latino Plus and above.
IFC HD [298] is in Dish Latino Dos and above.

Fuse is not in Dish Latino packages.

Although not currently in HD on Dish, Sundance Channel is not in Dish Latino packages. Sundance Channel used to be an add-on option with BB@Home (and Showtime before being moved to BB@Home when Rainbow/now AMC Networks acquired it).

However, even with all that being said, I am not saying that Dish should have pulled those other two channels. Dish had links on a page to online content of the channels. If Dish added Fuse and Sundance Channel in the place of those two channels, I would find that fair enough.

We TV HD [128] is in Dish Latino Plus and above.
IFC HD [298] is in Dish Latino Dos and above.

Fuse is not in Dish Latino packages.

Although not currently in HD on Dish, Sundance Channel is not in Dish Latino packages. Sundance Channel used to be an add-on option with BB@Home (and Showtime before being moved to BB@Home when Rainbow/now AMC Networks acquired it).

However, even with all that being said, I am not saying that Dish should have pulled those other two channels. Dish had links on a page to online content of the channels. If Dish added Fuse and Sundance Channel in the place of those two channels, I would find that fair enough.

No, IFC is not.
Before the channels were gone we had IFC and We
But after they returned they only say that We was going to be in the packages... not Sundance, and not the new Fuse, not even IFC that we had before.

We have them right now because they are still in Free Preview, but they are not going to be.
Or at least that was what I was told by one of the DIRT members who posted the packages who will have the channels.

How about restoring MSG to the lineup so we actually have a relevant RSN for Western NY State.

Professional sports is a multi BILLION (with a B) dollar industry. Why not have the same coverage as CNN, FOX or MSNBC? Hell the NFL alone grosses several billion a year. Same with the NHL, MLB, and NBA.
Actually, the moneymakers (live professional sports) are already broadcast in HD (part time). My request for full HD is for college sports and classic replays and specials that aren't currently in HD. Eventually the multi-billion professional sports industry is rapidly pricing themselves out to the point they will probably all mostly be offered PPV or via season packages.

Now we need the following in HD :

Disney Channels
ESPN U & News
Fox Movies

and of course the return of MSG in HD of course.

No, IFC is not.
Before the channels were gone we had IFC and We
But after they returned they only say that We was going to be in the packages... not Sundance, and not the new Fuse, not even IFC that we had before.

We have them right now because they are still in Free Preview, but they are not going to be.
Or at least that was what I was told by one of the DIRT members who posted the packages who will have the channels.

We always had We TV and IFC in Dish Latino Dos when we switched to Dish Latino Dos from AT250 as our main package before the AMC Networks dispute.

We never had Fuse except when it was in an AT package (AT200 I believe) when we had AT250; then, there was a dispute.

We had Sundance Channel when it was channel 389, but that was when we subbed to BB@Home.

We is listed as still being in Dish Latino Plus:
http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/dish-latino-plus/

IFC is still listed in Dish Latino Dos:
http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/dish-latino-dos/

Last edited:
Professional sports is a multi BILLION (with a B) dollar industry. Why not have the same coverage as CNN, FOX or MSNBC? Hell the NFL alone grosses several billion a year. Same with the NHL, MLB, and NBA.

and your point is??

I know you with all your millions don't care, but I guess you're saying we should pay for another meaningless channel just so Mickey and Minnie can say they have the same redundant highlight loops that CNN, HLN, FoxNews and everyones locals show.

Just because the NFL makes gazillions of dollars, doesn't mean espn needs a separate news channel of looped highlights, when their flagship news and highlight show is on nearly 24/7 on its other channels

That's the problem with tv today. More channels with very little content and a near monopoly on channels by just a few media groups.

I'm sure once Fox Sports 1 and 2 come online, old Rupert will want to add yet another sports news channel just to say he has the same thing as Disney

Agreed, my friends father still commentates on MSG/Knicks games or whichever station airs the Knicks game so I'd be really excited if this channel makes it back. Or at least I think he's still has that gig.

Last edited:
I am thrilled with the additions of channels like We and Fuse in HD. My fiance will appreciate being able to watch her shows without the artifacts on WeTV... so definitely an added value. I like being able to see music videos with a crisp picture now, as well. Even with the cost going up for the packages, I still find this a bargain compared to Time Warner Cable. Even at it's normal price, it is still cheaper, and the fact that I can have a DVR that is usable in 2 rooms (and a guide) on my 722k.... never could they match it. Kudos to DISH....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)