More HD programming form DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTV TiVo Dealer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Scarsdale, NY
Want to watch the Yankees play the Red Sox in HD?

Beginning April 3, 2005 YES Network will begin broadcasting all home games in High Definition, only on DIRECTV.

No official announcement yet, but this is very reliable information.

-Robert

wow, so now I know why Ken brought that up in a thread about D* adding HD in april, of course he had no comment about yes being on D*, just that they'll be in HD...

Wow very cool, although if DirecTV had ESPN2 they would also have the game in HD. :)

So I don't offend our great sponsor Robert, I won't end this message by saying go sox. :D

it's not a full time channel, they've been keeping hd space and not espn2 for special things like this. NBA-tv and the fox sports nets have shown more HD than espn2hd has been, so it makes sense...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Wow very cool, although if DirecTV had ESPN2 they would also have the game in HD. :)

So I don't offend our great sponsor Robert, I won't end this message by saying go sox. :D

Scott, you did find the one thing we are in odds over. ;)

-Robert

BFG said:
it's not a full time channel, they've been keeping hd space and not espn2 for special things like this. NBA-tv and the fox sports nets have shown more HD than espn2hd has been, so it makes sense...
I guess the 20 thousand hd customers in the NY area will be very pleased!! I would rather have something added that I could watch!!!

Well here is my question. If you subscribe to the Out-of-Market MLB Extra Innings package, would you be able to pick up the YES games in HD? I'm also hoping that DirecTV or Voom will do the same for NESN.

HDVoomer said:
Well here is my question. If you subscribe to the Out-of-Market MLB Extra Innings package, would you be able to pick up the YES games in HD? I'm also hoping that DirecTV or Voom will do the same for NESN.
That explians why they would add it

looks like Robert got the answer to that question, correct? The YES HD games will be available to MLB EI customers...

The YES games in HD will only be broadcast by DirecTV? Just wanted to varify this. If this is true, which I guess it is, does anyone know how long this exclusive will last? Also will YES have its own HD channel or is it simply going to be an extra channel on the MLB EI Package which will just broadcast the game in HD?

I don't know, but what I've been guessing is that YES HD games will just be feeds on the temp channels in the 90s. So far none of the rsns have 24/7 HD channels, so I don't think Yes will, there's really no point for them to do this...

YES will only have the home games broadcast in HD, beginning on 4/3/05 with the opening Yankee/Red Sox game.

This is an exclusive DIRECTV HD broadcast. Don't know for how long, but I expect it to be for a long time.

-Robert

Scott Greczkowski said:

Not for people in "yankee territory" like me. :)

Good news is - the Mrs. and I can watch "her" Sawx beat the Yankees (the anti-Mets to me) in HD. WOOT! :D

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
YES will only have the home games broadcast in HD, beginning on 4/3/05 with the opening Yankee/Red Sox game.

This is an exclusive DIRECTV HD broadcast. Don't know for how long, but I expect it to be for a long time.

-Robert

This is awesome. It's 1000% a case of George giving the bird to the Dolans. E* and V* are possible bedmates, so no Yes-HD for you! Combine that with the fact that George can be responsible for pulling money from the Dolans too, and he must be sweating in his turtleneck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts