More HD programming form DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is good news (if true) although the thought of seeing some of those Soxs players with such clarity is frightening to put it mildly. At least Pedro's mug won't be on.

HDVoomer said:
Well here is my question. If you subscribe to the Out-of-Market MLB Extra Innings package, would you be able to pick up the YES games in HD? I'm also hoping that DirecTV or Voom will do the same for NESN.
I have the NBA Full Court & HD package. When there is an out of market game on the 90's example: LA Lakers I am blacked out. I can watch the Lakers down in standard 700's. Using this a precident I would not count on out of market hd baseball.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Want to watch the Yankees play the Red Sox in HD?

Beginning April 3, 2005 YES Network will begin broadcasting all home games in High Definition, only on DIRECTV.

No official announcement yet, but this is very reliable information.

-Robert

Why does Directv continue to do HD channels that only a few people can receive? I know there are alot of Yankee fans out there but there are more people who aren't. They need to get thier act together and put up National channels like ESPN2-HD and TNT-HD.

ramy said:
Why does Directv continue to do HD channels that only a few people can receive? I know there are alot of Yankee fans out there but there are more people who aren't. They need to get thier act together and put up National channels like ESPN2-HD and TNT-HD.

What he said. I know I'm tired of seeing NBA games in HD on the 90's for our local team and while Comcast customers can see the games on cable we're blacked out on D*. I am starting to 'Re-Think TV' and it may be cable. ;)

ramy said:

Yah i have to agree.....been waiting for ome TNT-HD NBA for a good long time. Glad i left Voom to come back to D* but man....I do miss the choices they offer in HD...

Any chance of us New Englanders getting NESN in HD anytime soon?? I know cable had it....That would be great to see the Red Sox beat the yankees AGAIN in HD this season ;)

ramy said:

I feel the same way. While I appreciate any possible new HD programming we may get I don't understand why we may possibly get YES HD before TNT-HD or ESPN2-HD or Starz-HD or...... I remember a while ago one of our members longhornxp had said it would be a long time before we saw anymore HD but man I never really thought it would be this long. I always hear the no bandwidth argument but they are still compressing the HD channels since sunday ticket ended which leads me to believe they have room for at least TNT-HD or one other full time channel. Hopefully with Spaceway 1 going up soon we might see and added channel or two.

asousa said:
Any chance of us New Englanders getting NESN in HD anytime soon?? I know cable had it....That would be great to see the Red Sox beat the yankees AGAIN in HD this season ;)

This is the reply I received today from NESN - I'm not holding my breath :no :

Dear DirecTV Customer:

NESN appreciates your interest in our high definition coverage of the Red Sox and Bruins home games. NESN and DirecTV have discussed carriage of these HD games. However, I have no information to offer at this time.

We will save your email and notify when more information is available about DirecTV distributing NESN's HD game coverage.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Keisha Hall
Customer Relations

so

that's a pretty good response though. She knows they have talked and etc...

I think were going to see quite a jump in HD channels once the new sats go up. I'm thinking a lot of the Fox Sports Nets / Comcast Sports Nets, etc... Especially with E* buying rainbow 1, I think D* is going to really want to stick it to them.

Well it looks like Voom is continuing to add channels and this morning they added Wealth HD. It's been a long time since we have gotten a new HD channel and now a company facing serious problems has added like 20 - 25 channels in the last week. I am happy for the Voomers. Come on D* please add a new HD channel or two soon and by that I mean a full time channel not the YES network (nothing against you Yankee fans).

fkostyn said:
I think were going to see quite a jump in HD channels once the new sats go up. I'm thinking a lot of the Fox Sports Nets / Comcast Sports Nets, etc... Especially with E* buying rainbow 1, I think D* is going to really want to stick it to them.

D* already carries all the HD versions of the FSN channels that are O&O. The FSN-HD games show up in the 90's. I have watched a few Suns games in HD and I do not sub to any sports packages, just TC+ and the HD package

The fine folks of New England lose again. Eh, they're tough folks though. They have dealt with losing out for so many years so what's another heartbreaker? It's a Massachusetts tradition!

SpySatellite said:
The fine folks of New England lose again. Eh, they're tough folks though. They have dealt with losing out for so many years so what's another heartbreaker? It's a Massachusetts tradition!

Maybe you haven't got the news in a little while....last i checked they claimed Boston to be a "winning" city! ever heard of the patriots or red sox???

Carter said:
D* already carries all the HD versions of the FSN channels that are O&O. The FSN-HD games show up in the 90's. I have watched a few Suns games in HD and I do not sub to any sports packages, just TC+ and the HD package

Unless i am missing something i don't get the FSN HD feed for any bucks or brewers games(past) on a 90's channel...maybe just FSN sw has it in HD. OR Am i missing it?

there's a bucks hd game mon mar 28, I dunno if it's gonna be on d* yet. It does conflict with a pheonix game that is also in hd at the same time, so they may only show one of those 2 games

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)