More info on NFL RedZone on Dish

250 Gold + HD here. I have the NFLRZ SD channel on 155, but when I scroll over to Sunday afternoon in the guide, the channel turns from blue to green. Selecting the channel during pops up a 371 message that says "This subcription channel is available for immedge upgrade wihout a call. Press "OK" to find out more. I don't have a phone line connected, but I suspect if the channel was free, I wouldn't have to do anything anyway. :(

Also, NFLRZ-HD on 9467 is red and NOT mapped down to 155.

So it looks like multisport is indeed required.
Thanks Ramen. Do you have the classic package or the turbo?

I have Americas Everything Package and NFL RedZone HD is not mapped down and it is Red. The SD 155 channel is the free preview at the moment.

After getting confirmation two weeks ago from a Dish Online Chat representative that my current Turbo HD Silver would be elligible for NFLRZ by adding the Multi Sports Pack ($5.99). Now today I ventured to add the Multi Sports Pack and the representative told me that I was not elligable for NFLRZ or the Multi Sports Pack. He said that I could only get the Multi Sports Pack with a Classic 100 package (minus NFLRZ) and that if I wanted NFLRZ I would need to switch to a classic 200 package or higher.

Since the checkbox to select the Multi Sports Package was an option to choose under My Account \ Programming option I went ahead and selected it.

I am at work so I cannot fully test it but by looking at my available channels through Dish Remote Access it looks like I have all the RSNs without any issue and can see two Channel 155's (NFLRZ SD & HD).

So can you other Turbo's confirm that the Multi Sports Package has been and is currently available to Turbo subscribers?

Secondly, what do you all think about NFLRZ? Do you think us Turbo's will get it even though Dish claims otherwise?

Right now I would say that it looks promising. Because before I added the Multi Sports Package I could only see one NFLRZ channel and now I can see both SD and HD options for 155 and the NFLRZ on 9467.

Last edited:
I have Americas Everything Package and NFL RedZone HD is not mapped down and it is Red. The SD 155 channel is the free preview at the moment.

The HD channel is not red in my guide. I have AEP and the multi-sports package, it looks like they are making it part of the sports package. Good news for Alaska anyway.

The HD channel is not red in my guide. I have AEP and the multi-sports package, it looks like they are making it part of the sports package. Good news for Alaska anyway.

I have the same packages here in the lower 48 and I'm good to go as well.

Do you get anymore live NHL or NBA games with the multisport package, or are they always blacked out?

I had it for a very short time a long time ago, and the few times I tried to put on a hockey game, it was blacked out. Didn't know if this was always the case or not.

The only pro sports you will receive in the multisport package is your local pro teams. All the rest are blacked out. This isn't Dish doing it, it is the pro teams rules.

Do you get anymore live NHL or NBA games with the multisport package, or are they always blacked out?

I had it for a very short time a long time ago, and the few times I tried to put on a hockey game, it was blacked out. Didn't know if this was always the case or not.

Although all of the games outside your market will be blacked out, I'm able to watch the end of a lot of games since most games run past the allotted time.

Although all of the games outside your market will be blacked out, I'm able to watch the end of a lot of games since most games run past the allotted time.
Only in standard def, though.

The HD channels only have programming scheduled when a game will be covered in HD, so there's no program for the game to spill over into like the SD RSN channels.

Only in standard def, though.

The HD channels only have programming scheduled when a game will be covered in HD, so there's no program for the game to spill over into like the SD RSN channels.

I've watched the end of a lot of HD games. I'll start at 5409 and channel up and occasionally something is available.

At 11:07am, screenshot says: "Attention Code 031" This is a special event which is not available for purchase.

I have Gold 250 HD and Multi Sport subscription.

Wondering why it is saying this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I am looking foward to it. Hopefully its a great product (I think it will be) I am glad Dish made the add for this channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)