Not open for further replies.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Has this been looked into at all?

When quote is used on a post the content of the post doesn't start until below the adwords.

Example: http://www.satelliteguys.us/1217501-post3.html

The previous problem also appears to still exist where it decides to either not render the page, only show me an advertisement , or give me a javascript error - all instead of taking me back to the post I just submitted.

If they're going to be this intrusive, might as well put them between every other post instead of inside of them, like Engadget does in between blog posts.

I was confused by what you were saying since I did not see the issue the first time (The ads are randomly placed (I think :)))

Here is an image (Edited for width) showing the issue:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 198
They seem to be first and 3rd on every post for me, just needed to find one with a quote to see the problem. It prompted me to finally install adblock plus, but even then the spacing is still there, so doesn't fix the annoying problem (the space, not the ad).

They seem to be first and 3rd on every post for me, just needed to find one with a quote to see the problem. It prompted me to finally install adblock plus, but even then the spacing is still there, so doesn't fix the annoying problem (the space, not the ad).

Become a pub member, the problem will be fixed instantly :D.
On a serious note, I agree, this should be fixed, I never see the ads since I am a pub member, but yeah it sucks to have ads in the middle of the post.

Become a pub member, the problem will be fixed instantly :D.
On a serious note, I agree, this should be fixed, I never see the ads since I am a pub member, but yeah it sucks to have ads in the middle of the post.

It actually took longer for that response to appear than I expected this time. Unfortunately it is an all too common one and I feel like that's probably why it won't get fixed.

There will be no change in ad placement in the immediate future, however I am and have been working on the next generation of SatelliteGuys with new software.

This software will have an all new look and I am happy to report better hooks for ad placement, so some if not all of these issues should go away.

Unfortunately with some of the ad networks they state where the ads must be, while i would want them between the messages they want them in the messages as if they are below the message then they are "below the scroll"

Again we are working on the new software and new look now but we also have other things on the burner including adding another server.

Stay tuned. :)

The updated version of vB or a different software package like IPB?

There will be no change in ad placement in the immediate future, however I am and have been working on the next generation of SatelliteGuys with new software.

This software will have an all new look and I am happy to report better hooks for ad placement, so some if not all of these issues should go away.

Unfortunately with some of the ad networks they state where the ads must be, while i would want them between the messages they want them in the messages as if they are below the message then they are "below the scroll"

Again we are working on the new software and new look now but we also have other things on the burner including adding another server.

Stay tuned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)