More, more, more...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
More, more, more... Give me more, more, more $$...

Special Offer Start Date: 09/10/08

"You've been enjoying all of the benefits provided by your Combo special offer for almost a year. This is a reminder your special offer Interactive TV and Road Runner Turbo for $99.90/month for 12 months is ending soon. Your new package price will be just $109.90/month plus taxes, fees and charges for any additional services you may have. There is no need to do anything. Just sit back and enjoy. "

So, I decide to drop back to standard internet--reduce the level of service to get the cost down. That would "Only" be about $117.xx per month ($1404 per year) according to the very polite representative who apparently thought it made perfect sense that a lower level of service should cost more..

BHN stinks. Hitting Dish and Direct web pages now. I'm fed up with this abusive crap.

Last edited:
They did the same to me...

Call Bright House and have them drop your package to the basic level. Then have them upgrade you back to your current package, and you should get the special 1st year rate again for another year.

You are complaining because a promo price that you knew was a promo price is expireing and they gave you ample time to know that the price was changing, and its only changing by 10$ a month. You also complain that they want to give you more service as part of a continued promo price for less then what they charge for less service? The promo you are on as a "price lock" on it. Which gives you the 1 year at 99 and a 2nd year at 109. Instead of your second year jumping up to the normal over 130+$ price.

Man you just love to complain about stuff I guess. Best you do move on, but before you do go read the Dish Network Forum, and DirecTV forum of this site and listen to the complaints people have over there as well.

So in conclusion yes it makes perfect since your promo is cheaper then the non-promo price. Thats why its called a promo. It also makes sense that they sent you information prior to the price going up to let you know. It also makes sense that you are getting regularly $130+ service for only 109.

Good luck finding a better price, unless of course its with another company for another 1 year promo, with Verizon they are doing the 99/month promo, but after the first year it goes to normal price not a discounted price like the BHN service. ATT I think was doing an 89$ promo, but the internet is slower then RR.

So Im not sure what was abusive about what they did.

Just too good...blinded by loyalty.

Whatever pretty words you want to put around it, the result to me is the same...higher price for the same service, or higher still for downgraded service.

But let's address your assertion.
promo ends-- price with turbo is 109
or
downgrade from turbo to std inet (also without promo) - price is 117

Please explain to a poor ignorant person why slower speed is priced higher, both without promo pricing. If that isn't manipulation, I don't know what is.

When you see pricing that doesn't make sense, most likely you are being sc*****. It doesn't make sense because they don't want you to understand it. And they don't want you to have any option available that will reduce their take from you.

Your getting a promo price that is ending what do you expect to happen. Those same services are still at least 20 bucks more per month at regular price so your still getting a less discounted promo for your second year. That is why if you downgrade services your bill will go up. If you downgrade your losing the benefit of that lesser discounted promo and entering into another service level at that service levels regular prices.

If I got a promo for my first month free of Netflix should I be shocked that the price goes up on the second month. What should I still get it free because I got it free before. That is what your saying here which is crazy. You got a discount for a year but expect the discount forever. Let me guess your going to switch to DirecTV and order NFL Sunday Ticket and get your first 5 months free of Total Choice Premier. After the fifth month you will be back complaining that it should still be free like it was before. I'm sure you will also complain when Sunday Ticket is more expensive the second year as well.

Honestly I'm pro-consumer and nearly always side with members but come on you just cannot help but laugh when reading your point of view and just scratch your head and wonder what world is he living on. Sorry to be so blunt but the truth hurts and you needed to hear it.

Edit...with everything said above what your gripe is about is the value of the services which has nothing to do with promo pricing or regular pricing. To some people the promo pricing isn't a value at all etc. Oh and almost anywhere else you switch to sans maybe Verizon your going to end up paying more money for even less services than you get now. I've had most services so I tend to know the drawbacks and pluses of each company. Most of the companies will be more expensive even with their promo prices to boot. But this is America and its always "your" choice so just price all your options with their positives and downsides and make the best choice for you. BHN may have their issues but when it comes to promo prices (while only modestly raising overall rates each year) you'd be hard presses to find cheaper promo prices for like services and even harder finding prices after the promo's end with both services. Remember with DirecTV for example once the promo ends its over and back to the regular high rates which with BHN when your promo ends in the first year they don't jack you up to full prices they just charge a smaller rate increase. If your mad like this over 10 bucks you won't be happy seeing 20+ buck increases at best each month for other companies.

Your getting a promo price that is ending what do you expect to happen. Those same services are still at least 20 bucks more per month at regular price so your still getting a less discounted promo for your second year. That is why if you downgrade services your bill will go up. If you downgrade your losing the benefit of that lesser discounted promo and entering into another service level at that service levels regular prices.

If I got a promo for my first month free of Netflix should I be shocked that the price goes up on the second month. What should I still get it free because I got it free before. That is what your saying here which is crazy. You got a discount for a year but expect the discount forever. Let me guess your going to switch to DirecTV and order NFL Sunday Ticket and get your first 5 months free of Total Choice Premier. After the fifth month you will be back complaining that it should still be free like it was before. I'm sure you will also complain when Sunday Ticket is more expensive the second year as well.

Honestly I'm pro-consumer and nearly always side with members but come on you just cannot help but laugh when reading your point of view and just scratch your head and wonder what world is he living on. Sorry to be so blunt but the truth hurts and you needed to hear it.

Edit...with everything said above what your gripe is about is the value of the services which has nothing to do with promo pricing or regular pricing. To some people the promo pricing isn't a value at all etc. Oh and almost anywhere else you switch to sans maybe Verizon your going to end up paying more money for even less services than you get now. I've had most services so I tend to know the drawbacks and pluses of each company. Most of the companies will be more expensive even with their promo prices to boot. But this is America and its always "your" choice so just price all your options with their positives and downsides and make the best choice for you. BHN may have their issues but when it comes to promo prices (while only modestly raising overall rates each year) you'd be hard presses to find cheaper promo prices for like services and even harder finding prices after the promo's end with both services. Remember with DirecTV for example once the promo ends its over and back to the regular high rates which with BHN when your promo ends in the first year they don't jack you up to full prices they just charge a smaller rate increase. If your mad like this over 10 bucks you won't be happy seeing 20+ buck increases at best each month for other companies.

whoa, did i miss something with the original post? i thought his complaint was when he downgraded his internet service after the promo was over, the total cost was more expensive then he thought it should be.

i'm not sure but i would think if i downgraded my service, the price should go down as well. but then maybe, i'm just an ignorant college graduate.

you know i had that sunday ticket special many years ago. when it was over, it resorted back to the regular price not a ridiculous price increase.

My choices were:

- take the new price (109) staying with turbo. Had been 99 under the promo.

- downgrade to std inet. Price would be 117.

My choices were:

- take the new price (109) staying with turbo. Had been 99 under the promo.

- downgrade to std inet. Price would be 117.

Firstly your pricing I'm assuming is without taxes and fees and when you say 99 bucks your talking about the bundled promo price "without taxes and fees" correct.

I'm also assuming your in the Tampa Bay Area but correct me if I'm wrong as your profile just says Florida.

Now in the Tampa Bay area the normal price for the Digital Combo --With Internet package which includes Digital Cable and Road Runner (7meg) is 90 bucks a month. You can add Turbo (15Meg) or Turbo Plus (20Meg) for 10 bucks or 15 bucks more a month respectively. I'm assuming you had 15Meg plan which would bring your normal price at 100 bucks a month. If everything above is indeed the case I would call BHN and demand they give you the pricing above which is currently listed on their website. Just to be safe find the pricing section on their website and enter your address and verify that your area isn't somehow different but it shouldn't be.

Beyond what I said your still at a discounted monthly rate from what the letter states and as such moving away from that discounted rate and into another combo at regular prices most likely will result in an overall price increase. Whether you believe this is fair or not really doesn't matter to be frank. You can always call and ask for a further discount. You can also switch to another company and get their current promo pricing. After their promo ends you can see what they offer to retain you or you can switch again for another promo. You have options but remember switching to almost any company beyond BHN you would be hard pressed even with promo prices to get TV service and Internet service even remotely close to RR Turbo for less money.

Most other offers like DirecTV will be partnerships with AT&T or Verizon for most likely DSL speeds that could be slower than RR 7Meg. It may not even be cheaper either. I'm just trying to be honest here before you make a big move on impulse and get locked into a contract and end up regretting it. If you switch think about it and look at all your options and make the correct move for the price "and" services you want.

jcarra what part dont you get that your 109 is also a promo price? Its the second year promo price. That is why its cheaper, then downgradeing because they are still giving you discounts. Because you were on the promo (if you read your copy of the promo sales form if you have one) it will explain that "First year is 99, second is 109" this is to help prevent that "shock" customers get when going from a promo to regular price. Instead of going from 99 to 130 (The rate youd likely pay without promo) you are only going up 10. So many customers freak out when all of a sudden the bill jumps 30 because of the promo ending so to stop this pain, BHN has extended the promo to include the second year at a discounted rate also to prevent the shock. As I said in my first post, other companies includeing verizon and ATT are doing similar things with their second year. Also Comcast is doing it. Those are the only ones I know of, im sure others are as well.

whoa, did i miss something with the original post? i thought his complaint was when he downgraded his internet service after the promo was over, the total cost was more expensive then he thought it should be.

i'm not sure but i would think if i downgraded my service, the price should go down as well. but then maybe, i'm just an ignorant college graduate.

you know i had that sunday ticket special many years ago. when it was over, it resorted back to the regular price not a ridiculous price increase.

MAybe you are an ignorant college grad because you obviously missed the point of his post. Reading comprehension should of been taught in the first year no?

His complaint is this. His promo ended, his price went up to 109. He wanted a lower price so tried to downgrade his internet but the price was going to be more. (117) for that package. His gripe is why is it more for less. What he doesnt understand and what I already explained was the reason his price is only 109 was because he is still in a promo price package, so he is still gettinga discount. So thats why his 109 is still cheaper then buying it without a promo.

wow, another reason i don't like bhn. i've had promos with you folks that were for 12 months or for an indefinite period of time. when the op took advantage of the promo, did they explain to him that the price would increase during year two?

wow, another reason i don't like bhn. i've had promos with you folks that were for 12 months or for an indefinite period of time. when the op took advantage of the promo, did they explain to him that the price would increase during year two?

and if the OP did not know he is not a very savvy shopper. As EVERY Promo price where they give you a term, after that term the price will always go up. The only way to avoid it is to be creative in calling the company and trying to get on another promo.

Just like the home owners who got balloon mortages should of known what they were buying... You to should of known what you were buying, of course I believe you did know.

I keep forgetting your one of those 'fox news sheep' so its really hard for you to be a free thinker.

See? It continues. He can't help himself. It is in the DNA.

And it usually is a very effective tactic--the target usually slinks away and shuts up-- except when you try it on someone who will stand up and fight back.

The things I have said about the options available to me are factual. Let me say that again. They are FACTS. You just don't like the picture they present of the company you work for. Facts bother you when they present a anything negative about your precious company. BHN is missing the boat; they should move you into the PR department.

In fairness, you are right about promo pricing. And I am right that reducing my service would raise my cost. You can characterize that any way you wish, but it is a FACT, a fact you clearly don't like presented in public.

Another fact is that I WAS NOT TOLD that the 109 being offered was still a promo. Indeed, the email I was sent explicitly said your special offer Interactive TV and Road Runner Turbo for $99.90/month for 12 months is ending soon. Note the "ending soon." Not "is being changed to a new rate." Ending. Ending. Ending. Another inconvenient fact you will prefer to ignore or dance around. You will probably say, OP is just unsophisticated and should have known we never say what we really mean.

Do you enjoy disparaging people regarding the channels they watch? I retract what I said about moving you to the PR department...berating customers for their viewing choices is probably not what the company would view as a positive career move.

Last edited:
i've had several promos with bhn and none of them were for more than 12 months. in fact, they never even told me when i was nearing the end of a promo...i had to ask. at least (to the original poster), they told you your promo was about to end. but if it was about to end, why didn't they explain the second year special pricing? i should not even bother to ask.

See? It continues. He can't help himself. It is in the DNA.

And it usually is a very effective tactic--the target usually slinks away and shuts up-- except when you try it on someone who will stand up and fight back.

The things I have said about the options available to me are factual. Let me say that again. They are FACTS. You just don't like the picture they present of the company you work for. Facts bother you when they present a anything negative about your precious company. BHN is missing the boat; they should move you into the PR department.

In fairness, you are right about promo pricing. And I am right that reducing my service would raise my cost. You can characterize that any way you wish, but it is a FACT, a fact you clearly don't like presented in public.

Another fact is that I WAS NOT TOLD that the 109 being offered was still a promo. Indeed, the email I was sent explicitly said your special offer Interactive TV and Road Runner Turbo for $99.90/month for 12 months is ending soon. Note the "ending soon." Not "is being changed to a new rate." Ending. Ending. Ending. Another inconvenient fact you will prefer to ignore or dance around. You will probably say, OP is just unsophisticated and should have known we never say what we really mean.

Do you enjoy disparaging people regarding the channels they watch? I retract what I said about moving you to the PR department...berating customers for their viewing choices is probably not what the company would view as a positive career move.

The facts are presented and I think its great they are made public. BHN instead of doing like other companies when promos end and bringing you to the original price, they are continueing to give you a discount. I think its great. So should you.

Please feel free to tell all your friends, instead of jacking you up to the normal higher price BHN will still give promo customers some discounts to make the ease off the promo easier. They should of made you aware of it, as its a great selling point, so in that case they did drop the ball.

As far as the fox jab, I was just messing with you, Sarcasam and humour does not translate well over an internet forum, I also forgot a smilie ;)

i've had several promos with bhn and none of them were for more than 12 months. in fact, they never even told me when i was nearing the end of a promo...i had to ask. at least (to the original poster), they told you your promo was about to end. but if it was about to end, why didn't they explain the second year special pricing? i should not even bother to ask.

This is a very new thing Iceturkee. They do have some commercials playing on it, even comcast has radio ads in the orlando area because they are doing a similar thing.

Its very possible the "auto-notification of promo expireing" has not been updated for customers who were locked in along time ago. As jcarra obviously entered the promo a year ago or so, when they were not offering this new special. They have however extended it to current promo customers not just new promo customers.

I cant believe people are really complaining about BHN giving customers discounts.. Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)