More Outages After Switching to EA

Hemi has anyone done a before and after comparison with the reflector swap? If so could you or someone here post their results.

Also was any drilling required to get the reflector to fit?
Thanks
Bob
Yep signal went up 10 -15 accross the board.

The Tech installed the 500+ refelector.

So only thing I noticed was the reflector and the reflector mount was changed, No drilling!

And the LNB arm and Mast stayed installed the during the whole process.

I had 2 Techs Peak the 1000.4 and neither could do it justice, against premature rain fade.

So the Plus Dish Reflector solved that!.

Question: After you have signal loss due to clouds or storms, do you normally have to reset the receivers or do the channels just return on their own?

AJF, I would suggest swapping out your 1000.4 wth a dish 500+ reflector. Plus when the tech comes out, have him check your switch. That possibly could be another cause for signal loss.

If you're within the installation window, I'd have DISH take a whack at doing a proper alignment on the dish. If you've dragged your feet calling DISH, I'd seriously consider signing up for the Protection Plan.

It may also help if you're receivers are hooked up to a phone line or the Internet as DISH should be able to see what has been happening.

Thats the same problem I've had here and 3 techs have tried to align it. Yesterday was the last attempt he relocated the dish from the roof to the side of the house so I can reach it in event of snow. He got a little extra signal out of it too but really not alot more.

We'll find out how it is during the next rain or snow storm. The Jury is still out here. But I will say the tech did a great job so I can honestly say he did his job with what he had to work with.

Would be nice if I could get my hands on a 500+ reflector. Maybe Dish can create a "upgrade" kit for the field techs in bad signal areas.

Yep signal went up 10 -15 accross the board.

The Tech installed the 500+ refelector.

So only thing I noticed was the reflector and the reflector mount was changed, No drilling!

And the LNB arm and Mast stayed installed the during the whole process.

I had 2 Techs Peak the 1000.4 and neither could do it justice, against premature rain fade.

So the Plus Dish Reflector solved that!.

Thats the same problem I've had here and 3 techs have tried to align it. Yesterday was the last attempt he relocated the dish from the roof to the side of the house so I can reach it in event of snow. He got a little extra signal out of it too but really not alot more.

We'll find out how it is during the next rain or snow storm. The Jury is still out here. But I will say the tech did a great job so I can honestly say he did his job with what he had to work with.

Would be nice if I could get my hands on a 500+ reflector. Maybe Dish can create a "upgrade" kit for the field techs in bad signal areas.

You next step like Hemi said would be the 500+ reflector.If you have the service plan it can be changed out for $15.:)

Okay so they are sending a tech tomorrow to diagnose the problem. Whenever I have a problem I can't solve on my own or with help from members here, I contact Dish through Twitter and I am always amazed at how quickly things get taken care of (especially compared to the regular CSR's on the phone). I sent a link to this thread, a few texts back and forth and now techs are on the way . Thanks *MD @ Dish!

Good luck tomorrow. With the EA dish don't expect much of a difference at least in the northeast even after realigning. And you won't be able to tell if the problem is cured till the next rain/snow storm. This I've found out from experience after 3 tech visits. I can't blame the techs for a bad dish design though. The tech do very professional work.

Just my opinion.
Bob

Okay so they are sending a tech tomorrow to diagnose the problem. Whenever I have a problem I can't solve on my own or with help from members here, I contact Dish through Twitter and I am always amazed at how quickly things get taken care of (especially compared to the regular CSR's on the phone). I sent a link to this thread, a few texts back and forth and now techs are on the way . Thanks *MD @ Dish!

Okay so if the 500+ and 1000+ are for those sats, how could either be used for me if I'm on 61.5, 72.7 & 77 ? I mentioned it to the tech and he also said it's just for those sats. Do you mean to just use the actual larger dish but keep the same LNB and aiming set-up?

BTW, the tech guy came and re-aimed the dish and replaced the switch which was running hot and may have had a bad port. He also added a power-injector rather than having the switch powered by one of the receivers (which he said can sometimes cause problems). I thought he did a great job and really knew his stuff. Anyway I'll see if it still holds the signal with the next storm.

Okay so if the 500+ and 1000+ are for those sats, how could either be used for me if I'm on 61.5, 72.7 & 77 ? I mentioned it to the tech and he also said it's just for those sats. Do you mean to just use the actual larger dish but keep the same LNB and aiming set-up?
Your just using the REFLECTOR!

The Dish Part!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts