More Problems With My Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I have one Hopper and one Joey. My software is S234. I'm having a number of problems with my Hopper as of the last few weeks. One is the "05 Error," which I posted about in the "05 error thread." The other problems are not major, but damn annoying. Every so often, when I delete a program from "My Recordings," after deletion I get a screen that tells me there are no more recorded programs. Then I have to hit the red button and bring up "My Recordings" manually. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to annoy someone. I'm also still havimg very slow responce from my Hopper. It takes what seems forever to bring up somethingor when changing channels. Another thing I don't understand is that sometimes when I hit the Red button to bring up my tuners status, sometimes it shows five tuners, other times only 3.I have Prime Time turned off and never use it. So why the difference in number of turners I can use?
IMO, S234 has been the worst update, ever.
I'm really thinking about looking at DirecTV when my Dish contract is up, but I love Dish programing (well, 95% of it), and I'm not into sports, so I'm not a prime candidate for DirecTV.

Ghpr13:mad::(:confused:

I agree with S234 being one of the slowest/buggiest updates I've seen so far (right on up there with S213 but slower...) Wish I could help, but the only thing I can say is I think they will be releasing new software "soon..." They seem to be taking forever to release the new software, maybe it means that they are working on making it work right.

I agree with S234 being one of the slowest/buggiest updates I've seen so far (right on up there with S213 but slower...) Wish I could help, but the only thing I can say is I think they will be releasing new software "soon..." They seem to be taking forever to release the new software, maybe it means that they are working on making it work right.

I sure hope so. My Hopper was working great before SW S234. It makes you wonder if Dish used us to let them know S234 all the bugs in it rather then lab test it.

Ghpr13:(

They do their own beta testing and they are really thorough, but I'm sure that if they spent the time waiting to fix every bug that may be present before releasing to the public, we would problably see 1 sw version per year.

It now shows extra tuners if you are tuned to a PTAT channel regardless of whether PTAT is turned on or not. The extra tuners are the other PTAT channels. I believe you can use these extra tuners as well which will help to prevent conflicts.

It now shows extra tuners if you are tuned to a PTAT channel regardless of whether PTAT is turned on or not. The extra tuners are the other PTAT channels.

I like it. Now if only autohop likewise worked when PTAT was turned off...

It now shows extra tuners if you are tuned to a PTAT channel regardless of whether PTAT is turned on or not. The extra tuners are the other PTAT channels. I believe you can use these extra tuners as well which will help to prevent conflicts.

They aren't extra tuners, it is just a visual addition to the TV Viewing Status screen. Now you can watch the big 4 networks on multiple TVs while only taking up 1 tuner. The Hopper and HWS still have 3 tuners.

They aren't extra tuners, it is just a visual addition to the TV Viewing Status screen. Now you can watch the big 4 networks on multiple TVs while only taking up 1 tuner. The Hopper and HWS still have 3 tuners.

So the this mean those "extra" tuners are only for PTAT? Because I never have PTAT on.

Ghpr13:confused:

So the this mean those "extra" tuners are only for PTAT? Because I never have PTAT on.

All that changed is that the big four are more easily accessible and big 4 viewing only uses one tuner. PTAT does not need to be enabled. PTAT enabled will record the big 4 in the evening, this new feature you see is always enabled and whenever you turn to a big 4 network it allow others to view big 4s while leaving two tuners free instead of each big 4viewer using a separate tuner.

One thing I still don't understand, is when I'm watching a program live, and that "info" box pops up asking if I want to allow the schedule recording, "Yes" or "No"...I click on yes, and then when the recording starts, the Hopper changes to the channel of the recording, interrupting the program I'm watching live. Why would that happen if other tuners are available? Why does it change over like that? I have to always go back to the program I was watching, but I always lose a couple of minutes getting back to it.

I have seen the problem with deleting a program also. As far as the speed of the guide, etc, I reboot the Hopper once a week just for the heck of it.... Seems to fix the speed problem.

One thing I still don't understand, is when I'm watching a program live, and that "info" box pops up asking if I want to allow the schedule recording, "Yes" or "No"...I click on yes, and then when the recording starts, the Hopper changes to the channel of the recording, interrupting the program I'm watching live. Why would that happen if other tuners are available? Why does it change over like that? I have to always go back to the program I was watching, but I always lose a couple of minutes getting back to it.

Does this changeover happen when you are watching a big 4 network program during prime time and you have your other two tuners available? I would suggest using the swap button and have both swapped tuners with the same program then when the changeover occurs you just hit swap and rewind to where you left off. Not elegant but I think it would work.

Does this changeover happen when you are watching a big 4 network program during prime time and you have your other two tuners available? I would suggest using the swap button and have both swapped tuners with the same program then when the changeover occurs you just hit swap and rewind to where you left off. Not elegant but I think it would work.

I need to pay closer attention to what network and the time, but I think you might be correct. If that's when it is happening, I'll try your swap ideal.
Thanks,
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)