Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Cold Case Files @11pm. Do. Not. Like. :mad:

Where did they come up with this gem?

Seriously, how it this "retro tv" ??

Oh well. Doesn't do any good at all to complain. None.
Time to change the channel.

Maybe I'll watch the History Channel for some, history?
No, wait.. :rolleyes:

Seems all the retro channels go down hill from their roots, look at Tv Land. It's like MeTv we have OTA locally here. They started to add some newer stuff and slide away from Retro. I just acquired the 3rd MeTv from Milwaukee via DirecTV using a trick with my sub. They are actually better than Chicago's MeTv. We have Antenna TV to look forward to in the future and I hear one of the Discovery channels will be going Retro Tv. Lots to choose from at least.

Seems all the retro channels go down hill from their roots, look at Tv Land. It's like MeTv we have OTA locally here. They started to add some newer stuff and slide away from Retro. I just acquired the 3rd MeTv from Milwaukee via DirecTV using a trick with my sub. They are actually better than Chicago's MeTv. We have Antenna TV to look forward to in the future and I hear one of the Discovery channels will be going Retro Tv. Lots to choose from at least.

I really, really, really need to get that Cband going... I'm stuck waiting on my dad to make some repairs to the metal ring thing and he's supposed to get the poles for me. After that it's up to me to find a way to get them planted. I'm hoping to pay the guy across the street, he's young and healthy and could use a few $$..

It's getting harder and harder to find anything good on TV anymore. I'm down to Leave it to Beaver, Daytime, Adam-12 and Dragnet on RTV.. The rest, I won't watch. Tuff TV, I tune in at midnight to see what is on. Sometimes they run a fonky old B movie that I'll watch but often times it's something I don't care for.

Oh, and I saw TV land at my neighbor's house. Garbage. There is nothing on there at all. I heard that MTV bought TV Land and ruined it.

Seriously, there's nothing on any TV that I would pay money to watch anymore. My neighbors average $75 to $125 a month for cable or satellite and all they get are 500 channels of garbage.

At least FTA is free. So I can't complain too much or too loudly.

:)

I thought the changes for the 4th quarter were done. This is not good news. A lot of channels start out as one theme and then slowly slip away from it. Recently I lost McCloud and Banacek, two of my favourites....and before that The Virginian. All that has to happen now is for RTV to start airing reality TV. I wanted change, but I wanted more or different RETRO programming. I wanted to see shows like
Car 54
Munsters
Adams Family
Hazel
Partridge Family
Green Hornet
Gunsmoke
My Three Sons
Lucy Show/Here's Lucy
Green Acres
Not Cold Case Files!!!!!

I thought the changes for the 4th quarter were done. This is not good news. A lot of channels start out as one theme and then slowly slip away from it. Recently I lost McCloud and Banacek, two of my favourites....and before that The Virginian. All that has to happen now is for RTV to start airing reality TV. I wanted change, but I wanted more or different RETRO programming. I wanted to see shows like
Car 54
Munsters
Adams Family
Hazel
Partridge Family
Green Hornet
Gunsmoke
My Three Sons
Lucy Show/Here's Lucy
Green Acres
Not Cold Case Files!!!!!

Same here along with:

Family Affair,
Gomer Pyle, USMC
Nanny and the Professor
Room 222
Life of Riley
Ozzie and Harriet
Facts of Life
Different Strokes
Sgt. Bilko
Little Rascals
Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Petticoat Junction
BJ and the Bear
Starsky and Hutch
Baretta
Cannon
Sonny & Cher
Silver Spoons

I get some of those shows Larry & Popcorn on the other retro channels I get. I think some channels have the rights to some shows and others have the rights to other shows. So in short RTV can't have them all.

These are on the 3 MeTv's I have.

Family Affair,
Gomer Pyle, USMC
Facts of Life
Different Strokes
Petticoat Junction
Starsky and Hutch
Silver Spoons
Munsters
Adams Family
Partridge Family
Green Hornet
Gunsmoke
My Three Sons
Green Acres

The only way you can get the MeTv's is you need access to the Chicago and Milwaukee markets, no national satellite feeds :( It was explained to me by Weigel that certain markets own the rights to certain shows. So they can only be shown there.

Um, yeah..

Had cold case on with volume muted. The PC WAS programmed to change channels every night to get Hitchcock and Night Gallery.

I glance over and see crime scene photos of dead women and blood everywhere.

That's not entertainment, that's SICK.

Buh bye... RTV has nothing to watch after 5pm. :mad:

They sure do not like to be criticized.

I posted several comments on their facebook page in regards to this "Cold Case Files" change and they immediately deleted them.
They weren't disparaging, I was just asking why they are running this non retro show on a retro channel.

Don't bother to comment there unless you are just flat out star struck over what they do..

Is RTV sliding down the same slippery path that TV Land slid down? :(

Attachments

• orly-ccf.jpg
    orly-ccf.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 151
It's all about ratings and a buck. :eek: They need ratings so they can get the advertising dollars. Retro tv don't compete with the mindless shows out there.

Follow the money trail.

It's all about ratings and a buck. :eek: They need ratings so they can get the advertising dollars. Follow the money trail.

What will TV become? All commercials with faint memories of "once upon a time"??
Reminds me of that movie with Sandra Bullock where everyone listens to commercial jingles on the radio as their primary source of entertainment and Taco Bell is high class food for the elites.

:(

We grew up in a different time where tv actually had quality entertainment. (what a concept) I have watched tv programming slide downhill for years. We should be grateful that there are channels that air some of the good old shows, and RTV is free. When I dial through my subscription on DirecTV I get sick seeing all the crap and usually end up on one or two channels that I mostly watch. I wouldn't even have Direct if they didn't kill my 4DTV bud so bad and take away channels and alacarte. Being force fed mindless garbage and paid programming at high prices I hate. But a necessary evil to watch the few cable shows I enjoy.

WE grew up in a different time. When I was growing up, there was all garbage on TV. It was so bad that Seinfeld and Friends were considered great shows. When I was a kid, I liked Gilligan's Island, I Love Lucy, Mash, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. The newest shows that I remember LOVING as a kid were the Star Trek related series. There are actually a few new shows out now that I enjoy, but growing up in the time I have, I've grown to expect that any good show will likely be canceled, while the crummy ones will stay on for years.

But as for "retro" television is concerned, the newest shows I would consider "retro" would be around the time of Mash. I think for the time being, for something to be "retro", you have to be able to tell it's age by the color being off. :p

Well, I've been watching television for half a century. :eek:

I consider 1980 the cut off point for "retro"...

I prefer 50's, 60's and some 70's shows.

What's been on TV for the last 30 years is pretty much, um, BS. :mad:

And OLD movies, like the 30's - 50's, I miss those. Whitesprings covered my needs there but they are no more and I can't find anything to fill the gap.

They are still streaming via web but it's 320 x 240 and when you make it go full screen it looks HORRIBLE. Especially on my Vizio 32" flat screen. :(

It also doesn't play from my satellite app so I can't control it, start it, stop it, pause it, or record it with my remote control. I used to record a lot of stuff on Whitesprings. I had a heck of a hard time getting a dish adjusted right to get them and right after I did they did a big nose dive.

I still want an "everything box" that uses one remote control and gets everything, everywhere. Ku, Cband, OTA, youtube, Whitesprings, etc..

I see everyone is coming out with new internet TV boxes but they are all incompatible with each other, one will get X and one will get Y and the other one gets Z. But none of them get everything.

Ridiculous. :mad:

Oh well. It is free.. I can't wait to get my Cband up and get ThisTV again. There was nothing on tonight so I watched recordings of Judge Joe Brown and The View all night then saw one of the Mummy movies on Cubavision. It was the one where he is in China. I like that guy, Brendan Fraser. :luvlove: He's pretty hot.. :lick

Thank you Cuba for the good movies.. :)

There were some great shows in the '80s... Even a couple of bearable ones in the '90s. But TV has gone down the toilet for sure since the later '90s and during the past decade. It all kinda reminds me of the film "Idiocracy", which depicts a society where people are entertained by a guy getting kicked repeatedly in the crotch.

....and before that The Virginian. ....

Note that The Virginian is now being shown on Encore Westerns channel (along with Gunsmoke,Maverick,Cheyenne,etc)... I wonder if some show contracts come with an exclusive clause.

After RTV did something to the KU signal, I can't watch it with the lipsink problems and freezing every few minutes. As for complaining to them, I'm not getting their channel via a local feed (cable/antenna), so I don't have a legitimate right to complain and don't. Luckily I get THIStv locally now and it has a few good oldie shows.

There were some great shows in the '80s... Even a couple of bearable ones in the '90s. But TV has gone down the toilet for sure since the later '90s and during the past decade. It all kinda reminds me of the film "Idiocracy", which depicts a society where people are entertained by a guy getting kicked repeatedly in the crotch.

I want to see that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)