more RTV changes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WE grew up in a different time. When I was growing up, there was all garbage on TV. It was so bad that Seinfeld and Friends were considered great shows. When I was a kid, I liked Gilligan's Island, I Love Lucy, Mash, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. The newest shows that I remember LOVING as a kid were the Star Trek related series.

Those were great shows for sure, and yep I´ve noted that those comments that RTV doesn´t like on their FB are soon deleted :(

Note that The Virginian is now being shown on Encore Westerns channel (along with Gunsmoke,Maverick,Cheyenne,etc)... I wonder if some show contracts come with an exclusive clause.

After RTV did something to the KU signal, I can't watch it with the lipsink problems and freezing every few minutes. As for complaining to them, I'm not getting their channel via a local feed (cable/antenna), so I don't have a legitimate right to complain and don't. Luckily I get THIStv locally now and it has a few good oldie shows.

My pc does that too. I have to "bump it" to make it work right. I press the fast forward button after I change channels to RTV or Tuff and it causes the video and audio to synchronize and the jittery picture smooths out too.

I record Daytime every day then watch them on weekends and sometimes I will wake up while it's recording and the sound is off by several seconds and the video is all jittery real bad but when I play back the recording it's just fine.
It's very annoying, it only started doing this after they halved the picture from 704x480 down to 352x480. The quality now is terrible and fraught with problems. I'm hoping that when I get my Cband dish up I can find an alternative RTV channel that is better than this one. :(

Note that The Virginian is now being shown on Encore Westerns channel (along with Gunsmoke,Maverick,Cheyenne,etc)..............Luckily I get THIStv locally now and it has a few good oldie shows.

I have no access to Encore Westerns as I'm north of the Border. Previously I did receive THIStv via my OTA antenna. Since their OTA channel change, their signal no longer makes it across the border. This might change once the Canadian digital transition takes place. They might then be able to adjust their power levels or be provided a different channel. The problem is now they can not make the adjustments untill the Canadian OTA station changes to digital and they find out how their signals interfere with each other. I also can not put up a C-band dish, so its only Ku for me.

I have no access to Encore Westerns as I'm north of the Border. Previously I did receive THIStv via my OTA antenna. Since their OTA channel change, their signal no longer makes it across the border. This might change once the Canadian digital transition takes place. They might then be able to adjust their power levels or be provided a different channel. The problem is now they can not make the adjustments untill the Canadian OTA station changes to digital and they find out how their signals interfere with each other. I also can not put up a C-band dish, so its only Ku for me.

I'm surprised you can't get the signal from across the pond. Have relatives on the other side and they enjoy all the hockey games (on top of usual sports channels from D*), must be they are still analog...

I was in Pickering around 2000 to hold a training class, I think some of the guys were using a proxy service to get E* from across the border. Heard a few in the states did the same for bell service.

Same here along with:

Family Affair,
Gomer Pyle, USMC
Nanny and the Professor
Room 222
Life of Riley
Ozzie and Harriet
Facts of Life
Different Strokes
Sgt. Bilko
Little Rascals
Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Petticoat Junction
BJ and the Bear
Starsky and Hutch
Baretta
Cannon
Sonny & Cher
Silver Spoons

Wow, if I could get FACTS OF LIFE for my wife, she would let me cancel cable tv and actually start watching FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts